Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maggiep67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Hey everyone.

Does Best Buy carry LTE iPads? I have a few gift cards that I'd like to use when the new iPad comes out. Their website only shows wifi for the 2's right now.

Anyone purchase an LTE model there?

Thanks!

fanchee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
Yes, but based on last year's Air release, the LTE models weren't available for a week or two. They slowly trickled in, a few at a time. The good news this year is the Apple SIM. That means one model. I can't tell you how many trips I took to Best Buy searching for a Verizon Air, only to be told they had AT&T that day. The next would be T-mobile. Tiresome!

They'll get the LTE models, but they'll get wifi first.

Maggiep67

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
Yes, but based on last year's Air release, the LTE models weren't available for a week or two. They slowly trickled in, a few at a time. The good news this year is the Apple SIM. That means one model. I can't tell you how many trips I took to Best Buy searching for a Verizon Air, only to be told they had AT&T that day. The next would be T-mobile. Tiresome!

They'll get the LTE models, but they'll get wifi first.

Thanks!!! Glad to hear it. I was planning on waiting a week or so anyway after release. I like buying new toys on my day off so I have time to set them up and play. My next day off during the week is Oct 31. Hopefully they will have some by then!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.