Best Buy Frustration. Turning to Apple now.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NerdTeks, Jun 22, 2010.

1. NerdTeks macrumors newbie

Short:

Pre ordered the evening of the 15th @ Best Buy. Me and my wife were the last pre orders apparently. While filling out the paper work the manager said no more after us. Not really thinking we were in a bad spot especially after the BB associate said we were just fine and would 100% get our phones on the 24th despite what the paperwork said.

Fast forward to yesterday and today:

Tried calling my Best Buy to get the number spot me and my wife were on the pre order list. I was greeted with a very rude female telling me they don't have that information and to just wait for a phone call to setup an appointment. While seeing on these forums several BB pre order people disclosing which # pre order they were at their local Best Buy I decided to call another one not to far away.. The guy was more than happy to look up my name/spot but of course I had no pre order there so I just hung up.

Today:

I went into my Best Buy and the associate was VERY rude. I asked if I could be told which pre order spot I was and explained to him my reason/concern. He told me he was very frustrated with these questions for the past week and to just wait for a phone call to setup an appointment. Frustrated myself I just walked out.

My thoughts now:

I have 2 Apple stores roughly the same distance apart ( 30 mins opposite ways ). I plan on going there about 1-3am and waiting and hopefully there is not a big line. Both stores are in a mall so Im curious as to how that will work.

Anyone happen to drive by any Apple stores today and see any campers yet?

Good luck to all wishing to obtain an iPhone 4 on Thurs without an official confirmed pre order.

Update 6/23/10 4:51pm EST

Called Best Buy around 11am and was met with a 18 minute hold time only to be hung up on when asking about the iPhone 4 pre orders.

I decided to go back into the store and go straight to a manager. I was calm and explained my frustration with the service provided from BB employees. Noted that I was OK with being told I would NOT get an iPhone and after about 15 minutes the Mobile associate took my name and number. about 1 hour ago I did get a call and got my appointment setup for 830am. Sadly my wife was not on the list but she is fine with waiting for a white model anyways.

I honestly feel as though If I did not go in there this morning I would not have gotten a call. So I do thank my mother for teaching me to not back down and to not let things go under these circumstances lol.

Hope everyone enjoys their iPhone 4 tomorrow!

2. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

What kind of apple are you turning to? Granny smith?!?!? :D

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

1. You have to understand that all these employees have been fielding stupid questions about the iPhone for over a week now. Not that your question was stupid, but cut them some slack. How would you like receiving 50 phone calls a day asking the same question, and 50 customers asking in person?

2. Why in the world would you be trying Best Buy anyway when you have two Apple stores that close? I honestly don't understand people who think anyone but Apple is a "better" chance somehow.

4. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Damn, so you have a wife AND a girlfriend? Nice brahhhmoth

5. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

My best buy did the same thing to me for the past week. They wouldn't tell me what number I was. All they told me when I made the preorder was that I was in the low 20's. Then I received a phone call today and was told that my store had 35 phones which made me super excited, but then she said they never made a list and that it would be first come first server for those who prbeordered. So now instead of going in casually for my appointment I have to get to my store at midnight and wait hours in front of the store for my phone that I should have been guaranteed.

6. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I repeat my previous statement. Why would you go through Best Buy instead of Apple?

7. Loki666 macrumors member

in all honesty without a reservation its going to be hard at apple as well. The manager at my store stated there will be 2 line, reserved and non. Once the reserved line was through, then they would start non reserved. I guess get there 1-2 am. Im getting to the store at 2 and I have a reservation

8. NerdTeks thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha... Was just married.. sometimes it slips up.

To another poster:

I chose Best Buy because by the evening I was unable to pre order from Apple / At&t.

9. drewsky08 macrumors newbie

Ew! I work at Best Buy and we receive phone calls nonstop about the iPhone 4 and preorders, but the way that associate handled that was WAY wrong! If I had heard one of my associates say that to a customer, he would have a write-up waiting for him in our office! I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Luckily at my store, we have already called all of the customers in regards to their appointments.

10. FirePak macrumors regular

I would rather wait 3 weeks to get it from apple then take crap from a rude BB employee. Im also pretty vocal when Im confronted with rude employees as I wouldn't of just walked out. I would of demanded to speak to a manager about the issue.

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

I understand what you are going through. My BB would NOT even answer my calls. I even went to the store around 3p, and the guy wasn't all that helpful. He told our store was the busiest of the district and pre-ordered the most, but wouldn't tell me the inventory or what number I am for a 32GB black even though I already was told I was #11 overall. He just reassured me without any real facts. My first and last time pre-ordering an Apple product from Best Buy. I only deal with them with weekly discounts on movies and Black Friday.

Stick to the Apple Store. That's the lesson I learned as a first time iPhone buyer. I got a call almost 3 hrs ago and I am good to go for a BB appointment, but I still want to go to the Apple Store on launch. Enjoy the festivities and will try to get a black bumper there. The BB appointment just made it earlier enough that BB became my Plan A again. But for some oddball reason I don't get a phone at BB, I'll drive right back to the Apple Store and just hope they have some stock left by 10:30am. I can always flip-flop the plans since the stores are pretty close to each other.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Who cares if they got tons of calls per day.
    Thats their job to help customers and be polite and proffesional. If they dont like it they should find another job.
    Its no excuse to say Im frustrated with alot of questions, go home and wait for a call.
    I would have spoke to his manager and got him/her fired.

13. jman314 macrumors newbie

Thank You

Couldn't have said it any better!

14. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

I'm sorry, how does your girlfriend feel about it? :eek:

15. markthrash macrumors regular

markthrash

Took the words right out of my mouth! I've worked in sales for a long time and there's just no excuse for such rudeness. You have a job. Why not try doing it right?

16. jlpoore89 macrumors 6502

I'm not exactly sure right now. Other than the nearest Apple store is and hour and a half away and it's in the 4th largest city in the US so traffic is a bitch, so if I could get an iPhone without the traffic I was gonna try it.

And I have gone through AT&T for every iPhone so far and haven't had a bad experience, but this year it just looked like it was gonna be bad with AT&T.

17. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I worked at best buy years ago and our store was always good. Retail is very frustrating (sooo glad I'm out) but nobody in our store was ever rude.

Well, that I know of I drove the bug around so I was never in the store :D

18. NerdTeks thread starter macrumors newbie

Updated original post. Bottom line is for the next release its Apple all the way even though I will obtain one from Best Buy @ 830am.

19. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Nice one. 3 points from way outside. OP certainly feels a little bitten.

20. NerdTeks thread starter macrumors newbie

I see what you did there...

21. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

All in good fun. I feel for you. I really do hate BB w/ a passion. It use to be one of my favorite stores but when CC started going really down hill they started to resemble a used car store sans the cars. The place is just coated in snake oil.

22. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I'd love to go through Apple, but unfortunately I'm sticking with Best Buy. With $350 worth of RewardZone certificates, this phone will cost next to nothing.

23. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

:eek: I just redeemed $15 dollars worth yesterday and I thought I was big ballin...