Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy has every model of the 2022 10th generation iPad at $100 off in its latest sale. These lowest-ever prices are available to all shoppers and do not require a My Best Buy Plus or Total membership in order to see the deals.

10th-Gen-iPad-Feature-Deals-2.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad, you can get this tablet for $349.00, down from $449.00, while the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad is available for $499.00, down from $599.00. All four colors are available for each model, including Yellow, Silver, Pink, and Blue.

For cellular models, Best Buy has the 64GB cellular iPad for $499.00, down from $599.00, and the 256GB cellular iPad for $649.00, down from $749.00. Similar to the Wi-Fi tablets, these are both matches for the best prices we've ever tracked on the 10th generation iPad.

These iPads include the A14 Bionic processor, a 10.9-inch display, Touch ID, 12-megapixel camera, and an overall redesign compared to the 9th generation models.

If you want an even cheaper iPad, and are okay with a previous generation model, Best Buy also has a solid discount on the 9th generation iPad. You can get the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad for $249.99, down from $329.00.

Head to our full Deals Roundup to get caught up with all of the latest deals and discounts that we've been tracking over the past week.

Article Link: Best Buy Has Every 10th Gen iPad at an All-Time Low Price, Available From $349

Agent007

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2006
United States
2 years ago, my bro and I bought the $329 iPad 9 for our Dad. It spends 90% of its time as a portable TV in his workroom and yard but he uses it everyday. For ppl who don’t download many apps, this 64GB iPad 10 is a steal!

The Don Onez

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2017
Huntsville, AL
2 years ago, my bro and I bought the $329 iPad 9 for our Dad. It spends 90% of its time as a portable TV in his workroom and yard but he uses it everyday. For ppl who don’t download many apps, this 64GB iPad 10 is a steal!
It’s not a steal is inadequate and has been. With OS updates and even installing minimum apps for streaming, it’s not future proof.

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Exactly. Even my elderly parents ran into storage problems, and they're hardly asking much of their devices.

I've had this with my older relatives also

..and when these things do run out of storage, it's a NIGHTMARE to figure out what to do about it, especially when trying to help remotely.

ric22

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2022
I've had this with my older relatives also

..and when these things do run out of storage, it's a NIGHTMARE to figure out what to do about it, especially when trying to help remotely.
Absolutely! My poor mum ended up deleting her photos, thinking that iCloud saved them, before asking me. She permanently lost some that I hadn't backed up for her the last time I'd been in the country 😢

turbineseaplane

macrumors G5
Mar 19, 2008
Absolutely! My poor mum ended up deleting her photos, thinking that iCloud saved them, before asking me. She permanently lost some that I hadn't backed up for her the last time I'd been in the country 😢

I wish Apple cared more about this, and these types of users in particular

iOS/iPadOS could use a whole "mode" just meant for older folks

Instead they are busy cranking out minor size, color and camera tweaks to every product...and more watch bands...and the Scuba Mask.. :confused:

Imagine what they could be doing if the goal was to actually make better products and experiences for more and more different customers out there.

ric22

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2022
I wish Apple cared more about this, and these types of users in particular

iOS/iPadOS could use a whole "mode" just meant for older folks

Instead they are busy cranking out minor size, color and camera tweaks to every product...and more watch bands...and the Scuba Mask.. :confused:

Imagine what they could be doing if the goal was to actually make better products and experiences for more and more different customers out there.
I wholeheartedly agree!

TheBeverage

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2014
I have the 64GB model and still have about 20GB free, and I've never made a conscious effort to preserve storage. I use my iPad for reading books, sheet music, web browsing, and occasional streaming when travelling. You may personally need more storage, but saying it's inadequate for everyone is a silly exaggeration.

ric22

macrumors 68000
Mar 8, 2022
I have the 64GB model and still have about 20GB free, and I've never made a conscious effort to preserve storage. I use my iPad for reading books, sheet music, web browsing, and occasional streaming when travelling. You may personally need more storage, but saying it's inadequate for everyone is a silly exaggeration.
No one ever said *everyone*. I would argue MOST people, for sure, however. Anyway, when the construction cost difference is in the ~$2 range, which represents a tiny fraction of the sale price, there is no debate to be had.

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
Overall, I think $350 is a pretty good deal. The iPad 10 is an entry level tablet for people who largely use it as a secondary device. Also, it is a good option for folks that have very simple needs. It is great for: mail/messages, books, markups, photos, streaming video, and other light computing tasks. It is also a nice mobile secondary screen to use with your MacBook. You can optimize photo storage, so it stores the older infrequently used photos (most of them) in the cloud and not on the iPad. Yeah, you might have to buy more iCloud storage, but you faced that issue anyway for backups.

I have a base iPad 10 that I paid $420 from BB about 1.5 years ago. It is fine. My issue is more with the iPad itself. My base 13.6" M2 MBA is just a much better more versatile device for my needs, so I don't use my iPad very often. Basically, I remove it from the cupboard occasionally as a vacation travel companion. Otherwise, I live on my MBA and iPhone. If I need more screen real estate, I plug into an inexpensive 23.5" 1080p Monitor.

Reactions: SamRyouji

The Don Onez

macrumors member
Nov 7, 2017
Huntsville, AL
It should be considered inadequate for anyone who knows anything about devices like these. Especially everyone who spends time on a tech forum.

Reactions: Bigg Macc

aknabi

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2011
The fact 64GB is still an option in 2024 is a travesty.
Today's iPad and MacBook Air base models are a win for Apple and a lose for the customer and environment... they're alway discounted to a price where folks that really need to save can squeeze into the Apple ecosystem... but then shortly thereafter are stuck with a brick (well okay with the Mac you can lug around an external SSD with your files on it)... Always tell my friends "don't buy the base model!"... a few times they don't listen and then get stuck... e.g. a friend who got the 16GB iPad mini a few years ago long after they should have stopped that config... a year later she couldn't even update iPad OS as with basically no media and a few small apps didn't have the space... of course comes complaining to me about this can't be fixed and somehow it's my fault for not forcing her to buy the higher capacity one...

Oops.. drifted into a tangent rant... apologies for the vent.

Mainsail

macrumors 68020
Sep 19, 2010
I've been buying base models for my family and myself for years and never had a problem. I had two college children that completed four years of undergrad using base MBAs.....no problems. Typically, the best deals and deepest discounts are on the base models. I presume this is because Apple manufactures the most units in the base configuration. Apple would not enjoy high level of customer satisfaction and loyalty if their base configurations weren't meeting customer's needs.

We all wish computers and spec upgrades were less expensive. But, I am happy the base configuration exists for those of us that don't need additional storage or memory.

Reactions: JungleNYC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.