Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Best Buy today has every model of the 5th generation iPad Air for up to $150 off, with multiple all-time low prices. These deals are available to all shoppers and do not require a My Best Buy Plus or Total membership.

iPad-Air-150-Off-Feature.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Starting with the 64GB Wi-Fi iPad Air, you can get this tablet for $449.99, down from $599.99. Best Buy has every color on sale at this record low price, which we haven't tracked since the holidays.

Best Buy also has the 256GB Wi-Fi iPad Air on sale for $599.99, down from $749.99. You'll again find this model on sale in all colors, and it's another all-time low price.

Finally, there are cellular discounts as well during this sale, starting at $599.99 for the 64GB cellular iPad Air and rising to $749.99 for the 256GB cellular iPad Air. Both of these are again $150 discounts and all-time low prices on the iPad Air, and available in every color at Best Buy.

If you're on the hunt for more discounts, be sure to visit our Apple Deals roundup where we recap the best Apple-related bargains of the past week.

Article Link: Best Buy Has Every iPad Air at All-Time Low Prices, Available From $449.99

• Haha
Reactions: SFjohn

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
Best Buy today has every model of the 5th generation iPad Air for up to $150 off, with multiple all-time low prices.
Okay, going to repeat what I said in previous post about these iPad Sales going on now:

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

New models are coming in about a month and at this point, it’s best to wait.

Prices are tempting but next models will be light years better than this one.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
Okay, going to repeat what I said in previous post about these iPad Sales going on now:

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

They're going to put the M2 in the Air and call it a day. If you just want the 11" model, there's little reason to wait.

Entilzha

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2020
West Des Moines, IA

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

As good as this advice is for the Pro…$150 off the M1 Air when the main upgrade for the new air will likely be the M2 and maybe hover support…neither of which are massively compelling for me in comparison…

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
There’s always a gotcha with Best buy. Sorry
No there isn't. The "club" you mention may not be for everyone, but considering it includes free AppleCare+ for 2 years for every Apple device you buy, it clearly SAVES money.

The real "gotcha" is from Apple! $150 more for a 256GB NAND chip that costs about $10? THAT, my friend, is the real GOTCHA.

Last edited:

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

"light years", huh? The last "light years" move I remember from Apple was moving from Intel to Apple Silicon.

I wouldn't call implanting the next gen M-chip and calling it a day a "light years better" move.

Reactions: takasugi

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004
"light years", huh? The last "light years" move I remember from Apple was moving from Intel to Apple Silicon.

I wouldn't call implanting the next gen M-chip and calling it a day a "light years better" move.
Exactly... you'll essentially be paying $150 for the marginal performance improvements between an M1 and M2.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

IMO, that is really poor advice. (enlarging and bolding the font only makes it worse. 😛)

$150 off the Air is an outstanding bargain (especially for the 64GB model). If the current model serves a person's need, then they should buy it... unless... they have bought into the myth of "future-proofing" in which case, feel free to spend more money than you need to. 👍

I don't particularly like the form-factor, but if I did, this would be the time to jump on a deal like this. It is rare for that deep of a discount on the Air.

Reactions: takasugi

Student of Life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2020
Yeah they will just put an M2 and call it a day. Now if it was rumored that they would increase the base model to 128 GB then yes for sure wait.

Reactions: Jovijoker

carrrrrlos

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2010
PNW
Hmm, currently have the 4th generation iPad Air, so it’s tempting to get the iPad Air w/ M1. Would be a descent boost for $150 off.

picpicmac

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2023
A fantastic iPad and will last years to come with that 8 GB RAM
It actually is, for what most people will use it. Reading docs, watching videos, maybe checking email or messages. Unless the owner drops it on a concrete floor, the iPad Air will last as long as the battery works and can never be replaced.

That's the problem with these devices, from the perspective of the seller. A well made tablet like an iPad will last long enough that people will not have buy replacements for years.

Fuzzball84

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2015
It actually is, for what most people will use it. Reading docs, watching videos, maybe checking email or messages. Unless the owner drops it on a concrete floor, the iPad Air will last as long as the battery works and can never be replaced.

That's the problem with these devices, from the perspective of the seller. A well made tablet like an iPad will last long enough that people will not have buy replacements for years.
Its perfect... I have the previous Air... the iPad Air 4... and the big difference between them in terms of longevity is that the iPad Air 4 has 4 GB compared to the 8 GB RAM in the Air 5....

The difference between A14 and M1 doesnt have much impact for most peoples usage... but that RAM difference... is literally the difference between iPad OS support or not in 3 or 4 years time.

Have to admit though... for first party Apps, and Apps from decent companies/developers, the memory management and optimisation on iOS is amazing.

Reactions: Jovijoker

dweebe

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2017

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

Light years better?

Kay_Ess

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2022
Advertised prices in the USA are without sales tax, right?
According to DDG if I’d get one in NYC it would add less than 9%.
Can anyone help me out and tell me whether that’s all that’s added or whether I have to expect more hidden costs?😇

NewOldStock

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2023
12.9Q1 2024$999Apple M2

11Q1 2024$699Apple M2

8.3H1 2024$549Apple M1

10.9H2 2024$499Apple M1

11.12024$899Apple M3

132024$1099Apple M3

CarAnalogy

macrumors 601
Jun 9, 2021
As good as this advice is for the Pro…$150 off the M1 Air when the main upgrade for the new air will likely be the M2 and maybe hover support…neither of which are massively compelling for me in comparison…

I got the last iPad Air with the home button on sale and I still think it’s a fantastic iPad. Charges fast, battery lasts forever, home button is easy to operate. As a bonus it’s still on iOS 15 so I don’t get the giant banner ad in the TV app.

I’m not sure the Pro is worth the money for anyone as nice as the display is. Air seems to be the sweet spot for what most people want an iPad for and you’re right, the specs hardly matter. They won’t upgrade the display so what’s the point.

Harry Haller

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2023

DO NOT BUY!!!!!

They'll have a calculator?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.