Best Buy has Lightning Cables now!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Oct 23, 2012.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...37&skuId=6652043&st=lightning cable&cp=1&lp=1

Same price as from Apple, $19.99 but with Reward Zone points, this could be a pretty decent deal.

Just used $15 in RZP so it was $5.29 after tax. Gonna pick it up tomorrow to accommodate my years old Griffin Powerjolt. Between this, the included cable and ac adapter, and my lightning to 30-pin 0.2m adapter for my dock, I am ALL set.

Plus it'll just be icing on the cake when/if I buy more iOS devices down the road that come with the cable.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Thanks I just checked

My local store has them

3. blazinz macrumors regular

Just a heads up.. While the reward zone points are awesome. If you dont have that set up, Sprint has had 20% of all apple products when you buy 2 or more. I walked into my local sprint ask for 2 cables and paid $31.90 . Car, office , home .. Im all set.

4. Clint1583 macrumors regular

Apple stores have tons of these, it's the other model without the cable that are hard to find.

5. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

The sprint deal is nice but I don't need two Cables and with reward zone this is better

6. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

I've been checking Best Buy ever since the release of the iPhone 5 and it always said "coming soon"

A couple days ago I checked, and the lightning cable was completely gone! I posted on the forums at best buy asking them why they were gone, and they replied it was being updated.

Well the next morning I checked, and it was there! I ordered three of them, with a 5W adapter, it came up to about 80 bucks. I had 75 dolars worth of reward zone points, so I just paid 5!

7. thadoggfather, Oct 24, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012

thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

very cool, good deal if you need all those extra accessories!

just picked mine up and browsed the mobile section, they only had a few left on the shelf since whenever they started carrying them. Not sure whether they had more in the back or not, but they seemed to have a lot more 5w chargers.

My lightning search/patience for getting a cheap one (because they're a rip otherwise) has officially come to an end :cool:

8. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

He is talking about Lightning Cables, not adapters.

Not sure when Best Buy will carry those.
    I'm sure Apple is hoarding the stock for their stores for now.

9. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Off-topic but I purposefully opted for the cable adapter version anyways (did not buy this through Best Buy). It works well with my case and it gives me more flexibility.

I don't really trust Lightning to prop a phone up endlessly with its small design -- that can't be good for the phone over time.

10. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

11. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yeah quite the hold up, I agree. Wouldn't be surprised if apple purposefully was the sole seller for the initial rush

But worth the wait to use up points.

12. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

Gee, that's nice, they have cables, wonderful. When are they going to get some freakin' phones! I want my Silver Premier Reward Zone points for the phone but I can't get them if they never get any stupid phones in stock!

13. jcliden macrumors member

14. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Yikes I wouldn't wait for it, could be a loooong time

15. Sgt93 macrumors 6502a

Sgt93

Thanks for the heads up. Just picked one up and my store (61820) probably had 20 or so.