Best Buy Has Stands and Cases

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by PTVMan, May 25, 2015.

1. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

My local BB has stands by Mophie, Nomad and Griffin, as well as a few cases and screen protectors.

2. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

Best Buy has the Nomad stand?
    Gosh, that's rough. I preordered one quite a bit ago and still awaiting my tracking number/shipping notification.

3. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

4. Joelinnh macrumors newbie

25% Griffen today

Same price as bestbuy but at Griffen today

Happy Memorial Day! Enter code MEMORIALDAY at checkout to save 25% through 5/26

5. Tdosthp macrumors newbie

Bought the Mophie stand at Best Buy today. I like it so far. Retains the cable very well: inside a channel that has a flexible rubber cover.

6. davideotape macrumors 6502

i picked up the Griffin, like it a lot. needed something to make the watch rest naturally without having the charger flopping around and moving the watch on its side. Here it is on my nightstand-- makes me wish there was a black version of the charger itself but i'm sure that'll come eventually.

Attached Files:

7. jekim macrumors member

I bought the space grey Nomad at Best Buy today. In my opinion I don't think it's worth $70. It's nice but I have a Spigen on order and will return the Nomad once it's arrives next week.

8. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Saw the mophie at BB today. Horribly overpriced imo. Also a lot shorter and smaller than it looks in person.

The leather does not wrap around the edges, so there is a slight possibility that something can catch and scratch there.

9. lupend88 macrumors 6502

lupend88

Can you post some pictures please??

10. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

pics please.

11. jekim macrumors member

I'll post a few when I get home from work tonight, if someone else hasn't already done so.

12. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Not only is the Nomad too expensive, they ripped off a ton of MacRumors forum members by taking their pre-order money nearly two months ago and then using that money to fund their stock at Best Buy before sending a single stand out to any of the folks that pre-ordered.

They are a sham of a company and should not be supported at all.

13. nfl46 macrumors 603

Ugh, da f, Griffin...my order was placed nearly THREE weeks ago, and still hasn't shipped and I just walked into BB and saw tons of them on the shelf. I seriously hate the fact that I was charged weeks ago...

14. wthomas86 macrumors member

I 100% agree with you and I have just e-mailed them to cancel my multiple orders that I was planning to give as gifts. I am a very patient person but this move by them is very very disappointing!

15. jekim macrumors member

Here are some pics:

Attached Files:

16. TwinCitiesJHawk macrumors 6502

TwinCitiesJHawk

nice, thanks. Any pics with the watch on the stand?

17. jekim macrumors member

I'll take one and post it a little later.

That being said I do agree with Bryan's comment in the Nomad post. The fact that I was able to walk into a Best Buy and buy one before anyone who ordered direct from the company got one delivered is just wrong. I am taking this back and I have ordered the Spigen as a replacement. I don't want my money going to a company that practices business like that.

18. evanstos macrumors newbie

Im in the same boat. The worst is that I just got my email from UPS saying that I'll get it in the mail next Tuesday and then went 15 minutes ago to Best Buy and got one. I'm going to keep the receipt and bring in the one that gets in the mail for a full refund.

19. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

I haven't even received that email. Clever workaround though. I was pissed off before at them via email and they basically knocked mine down to $45 so I'll just remain patient.

20. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

Keep the best buy packaging - just in case the boxing is different from Nomad directly. :)

21. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

Yeah, that's the only thing I'm worried about. I hope the packaging for both direct and BB are one in the same.