Best Buy Holding out on Black Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Byrd12, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Byrd12 macrumors newbie

ok so i checked the Best Buy inventory from the earlier thread, specifically for black att 64, it said it was in stock as was the white att 64. I drove a hour to get it and they say they only have one and its the white. i say no thank you. I leave the store check 3 hours later same store pops up with black att 64 only, White att 64 is gone. so i have my cousin call back now they say they dont have any. but the black att 64 is still showing availible.

I'm a lil pissed and i think they are lying. Am i being paranoid? :confused:

2. duany macrumors newbie

I had this happen as well. IPAD that have been reserved are still shown as available if they haven't been picked up yet. So yes they had it but it was unavailable due to somebody having a deposit down on it.

3. iLuis macrumors member

That iPad belongs to someone. :)
    That happens to me i calland she said nope we do not.
    But in the website says in store only. And she said yes but that iPad 2 belonga to another person because he pre order with the 100 gift card.

:(

4. Byrd12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea man that sucks i drove all the way there just knowing they had it but its ok i guess i have one coming 4/7 i guess....could have took that white one but i really want the black but dam it was tempting.

5. Rafterman macrumors 68000

You know, the BB inventory is not the final word of God. It can be wrong or not truly representative of what's going on at the store. Especially in the case of a fast moving, heavily reserved product like the iPad 2.

6. xfs macrumors member

Happened to me as well. Apparently the available ones are for pre-orders only. The problem is, even if the store is done with the pre-orders, they are not allowed to sell, they said they have to send it to other stores.

I complained about their inventory management at 1-888-BES-TBUY

You guys should complain as well, because if the website reports that something is available, it should be. Otherwise what's the point.:mad:

7. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I used to laugh at people who came on this forum and said that employees at stories were lying to consumers and hiding products for whatever reason.

Then today, I went to BestBuy and asked if they had any iPad 2's. I was told that none existed. I kept looking around at other phones (just to look) and I heard a woman go up to the same man telling him that she knew a certain employee and that she wanted an ipad but had no reservation. Guy said ok and walked with her and she walked out after paying with the iPad.

I plan on telling the manager tomorrow.

If people have reservations, I accept that. But to hold products for friends of employees? Bull.

8. Byrd12 thread starter macrumors newbie

I hear you and it really could be a reservation i can live with that but that is bull otherwise and i know that sort of thing happens sometimes. but hey guess I'll just be waiting til my delivery date.

9. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

If you are checking in store availability it means you are using links that are no longer on there website. They took those links down for a reason, because the ones they get in are all for reservations for now.

10. Byrd12 thread starter macrumors newbie

For what reason? When I checked the black and white links it said they had it. I called and they said they had in less than 5 64 att's. i only checked the att 64 links. i drove a hour and when I got there they still had the white. I left and checked the white and black links hours later and the white was gone. I assume they sold it by then. Seems accurate to me. its just the black theat still shows availibilty. and I think they have it but it may be reserved or whatever.

11. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

What I am saying is that if you go to best buys website it no longer let's you check the inventory at stores.

12. melman101 macrumors 68030

That definitely doesn't happen. I have a best buy that's about a 4/5 miles away from where I reserved it. I'm pretty sure I'm first in line. Anyhow I call the best buy I didn't reserve at and bam I got my iPad 2 tonight. They had one left over from their reserves :)

13. deeddawg, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

deeddawg macrumors 604

14. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

You can not really depend on the website stock amount and what ticks me off more is that Best Buy will not answer their F&^King phones at times leaving you little choice except to go to the store.

This is why I NEVER shop at Best Buy:mad:

15. Byrd12 thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Best Buy rarely answers their phones. It really does stink. And believe me if it wasn't for this iPad I would not be dealing with. Set Buy either.