Best Buy inside info

Discussion in 'iPad' started by imacuser1, Apr 10, 2011.

1. imacuser1 macrumors newbie

I know most of you don't like me because I am a scalper. Let me try to make it up to you by giving you the info on Best Buy's plans for those iPad 2's they are holding on to.

- On Sunday April 24th Best Buy will be doing an Easter Sale and ipad 2's will be sold that day.

- All models will be instock but 3G models will be sold at BB stores that have an "Apple Store" inside.

- BB will be opening as normal but will hand out tickets to people who are inline 30 minutes before the store opens. Once you get your ticket, they will hold your ipad until end of business day.

- Every store supplies will vary, but the higher sale volume stores will be getting more. My source told me each store should have an average 40-70 units per store.

- BB will be doing 10% off on various ipad 2 accessories when you buy your iPad 2.

- My source says corporate might even allow "free" buy back program with your ipad 2. But its a rip off because in 1 year, you will be able to still sell your ipad for almost 80% of what you paid for. Go check out ebay for ipad 1 if you don't believe him.

- BB associates assigned to handling ipad sales have a goal to sell accessories and warranty/buyback for a spiff that day (internal contest)

Thats all I have for now.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

he's an insider, thats all the proof I need.

3. kfscoll macrumors 65816

kfscoll

What's the point of this? I guess at some point Best Buy's going to advertise their plan just to generate artificial hype? This sounds like typical Best Buy crap. They suck. And I'm surprised that Apple isn't putting the kibosh on this...it just seems fishy to me that Apple would allow an authorized reseller to sit on stock. Oh well, F 'em. There are plenty of other ways to get an iPad within the next two weeks besides waiting in line at Best Buy.

4. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

5. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Isn't this every day in all departments at BB?

6. Hoyasaxa macrumors member

I don't doubt this but what the hell is the point? Sell 5 a day or 35 in one a day, I just don't get the point of best buy doing this except to piss off the early adopt crowd comprising most of the sales right now anyway

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I would think you would put ipads into the hands more users than scalpers.

Just a thought

8. mantan macrumors 68000

You gotta wonder about Best Buy having an 'Easter iPad 2' sale and encouraging people to line up early Easter morning for a ticket to buy an electronic device.....

I'm pretty sure anybody that conflicts with how much people who celebrate Easter look to spend that time.

I know that Christmas is pretty much morphed into a pure consumer holiday. And retailers aren't lining up to sell stuff Christmas morning.

Calling it an Easter Sale, then having it that Sunday morning is in bad taste. If they insist on doing an 'Easter' event that weekend, do it on Saturday the 23rd.

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

1) iPad purchase
    2) Church
    3) Obscene buffet

It's a date. ;)

10. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

I remember when the sony PSP fist came out, it was also in short supply. Stupid best buy had the nerve to bundle and shrink wrap what psp's they did have, with a game and accessories like a carrying case.
    I would not be surprised if they pulled this same stunt with the ipad, forcing you to buy extra crap you don't need or want.

11. DeathChill macrumors 68000

I'd bet that Apple wouldn't let that slide. They're all about the entire experience, hence the Apple sections in Best Buy.

12. lg2k7 macrumors newbie

13. Dillenger macrumors 6502a

Dillenger

Since I already have an iPad 2 , nope on number 1.

Number 2) Check
    Number 3) Check
    Number 4) Nap time