Best Buy iPad 2 Open Box??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by epgoldie, Mar 24, 2011.

1. epgoldie macrumors newbie

has anyone purchased an open box ipad 2 from best buy and was it discounted?

i thought i just purchased a 64gb 3g for 729 because the associate told me it was a 64gb. i didnt really look at it at the store. when i got home, i realized it was a 32gb so i ended up paying full price for an open box. not a big deal cause i can always return it within 14 days. i called the store back and the manager said iPad 2 open boxes arent discounted.

2. AnthonyJS02 macrumors newbie

Funny thing i just returned home with a open box ipad 2 from best buy. I got the 32gb black wifi. It had a open box price of $539.99.

3. 184550 Guest

That's a load of ********.

If you're RZ/ RZ silver, I'd call and talk to customer service.

4. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Sounds strange. I don't think I'd buy "open box" merchandise from Best Buy at regular pricing.

5. epgoldie thread starter macrumors newbie

i just called best buy customer service and she said its up to the manager what he/she wants to do. thats kinda stupid. i'm just gonna return it.

6. mattolo macrumors newbie

I saw someone post a photo of an ipad that they bought as an open box from Best Buy clearly showing the open box discount sticker on it. You might try searching for it and show the manager at your Best Buy.

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

8. epgoldie thread starter macrumors newbie

Just went back to best buy and the manager refused to give any discount.

9. bossxii macrumors 68000

It is unfortunately up to the manager at the store to deal with their own inventory on returned and open items. With the case of the iPad 2 it's rather obvious they will sell it easy and fast. They have no need to discount items that are selling faster than they can keep in stock. Someone tried it, didn't liek and returned it. Zero wrong with the items, so no, probably not going to get any discount for a while on iPad 2's.

10. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

My BB does discount the open box iPad the standard 10%.

11. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

If you don't mind buying semi used, wait till the refurbs are available on the apple site

12. epgoldie thread starter macrumors newbie

I understand that but if tell the manager I know other stores discount their iPad 2s while his store doesn't and he's not doing cause he doesn't feel like it, why would I ever go back to that best buy? You're buying a used product that was already set up to another comp for full price.

13. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    There is a lesson here: always LOOK at the product and the box and everything else before plunking down the plastic or cash to pay for it. Yes?