iPad Best Buy - Ipad Air 2 - Cellular

Discussion in 'iPad' started by chanesworth, Oct 28, 2014.

1. chanesworth macrumors newbie

Does anyone know when Best Buy will receive the cellular versions of the Air 2? An associate at my local Best Buy indicated that it would be about a month. I can't believe that Best Buy wouldn't have the cellular version until after black Friday.

2. Gooberton macrumors 65816

3. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I can't speak for the OP, but I'm waiting for the cellular version to arrive at Best Buy because I have a few gift cards that would cover over half the cost of the iPad. However, I'm growing impatient because I don't understand why Best Buy doesn't have them.

4. rgusa8 macrumors member

I personally get mine at Best Buy cause of the no interest financing

5. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Glad I didn't wait. I was going to go for the cellular version but decided that $130 and extra waiting wasn't worth it when I could just tether using the new personal hotspot feature in iOS 8.

Has worked well when I've needed it so far and not at all a hassle since there's no additional setup required.

6. chanesworth thread starter macrumors newbie

I would love to buy from apple but I did the best buy trade in program so I have $200 towards a new Ipad Air 2 but I have to purchase it from BB.

7. Maggiep67 macrumors regular

Maggiep67

I haven't been impressed with Best Buy lately. I have gift cards for Best Buy as well and had planned to purchase my new Air 2 there.

Went there last Thursday and asked if they had any Air 2's on display. This kid takes me over and says "Yes, the ones here on the end are". I took one look at the side (there was a mute button) and told him "These are the original Air." He tells me "No, they are the new ones". I said "No, the new ones don't have the mute button any longer". He goes "Oh. Well we're not selling them until tomorrow anyway". I said "Okey dokey" and left.

The next day, I bought my Air 2 at the Apple store. Happy I did because when I ran into a problem with my new Air, I was able to switch it out with no problems.

My oldest wants a laptop for Christmas. I'll probably use the gift cards for that and call it a day.

8. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Probably Friday. I went ahead and got a wifi version. I don't think I used cellular but s dozen times in 3 years on my iPad 2 and wifi is so easy to find these days, I didn't see it worth $130 extra.

9. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

So NOBODY has been able to get a cellular version from Best Buy?

10. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

I ordered mine online for in store pickup, so I can trade my iPad 2 in and get $200 off + 10%. It's supposed to be in on Friday. When I was in my local BB on Sat., they also had no idea when they would get the cellular models in.

----------

I think a few people posted in other threads that they walked in and got one, and they were not listed online as being in stock.

11. chanesworth thread starter macrumors newbie

Not me. But I am hoping they will be in on Friday. I wonder if Apple purposely delays shipment to other retailers initially so they only can be purchased via Apple.com or the Apple store.

12. tawfiqmp macrumors member

tawfiqmp

Ordered mine on Sunday. Looks like it might be shipping out today, though I'm not 100% sure. I bought the 64GB Silver.

13. highdefjunkie macrumors 6502

highdefjunkie

I've been checking Best Buy on a daily basis and I was able to order today for a pickup, which now is confirmed. (I wanted the Space Gray, but settled for the silver)

Picking up after work.

128gig Wifi/Cellular.

14. Pjrufus macrumors 6502

Ordered 64gb silver wifi/cell on Sat., just got an email that it shipped to the store, so it should be ready for pickup on Fri, which was the original estimate.

15. DJsteveSD macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

there have been very few, if any, available in the San Diego area stores.

16. m3tric macrumors newbie

Can't even find a space gray in Wifi anywhere in the 6+ Best Buys near me

17. DJsteveSD macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

neither can I and the BB online store has a expected arrival date of late November.
    :(

18. derekgroves macrumors member

Which you can do without hassle at Best Buy as well- return and exchange that is. And as an Elite Plus reward zone member, you can do so for 45 days- and this is a critical point here- for a *full refund*. How long does the Apple Store give you for a full refund?

Best option is to buy from Best Buy as an Elite Plus member (you are an Elite Plus member right?), take solace in their 45 day cash refund period, as well as the additional Apple Store replacement option if something happens hardware wise after those 45 days but before 1 year. Not to mention the reward certificates you'll get back to use from the purchase.

Aside from potentially low initial stock/availability, and the ignorant employees (doesn't matter if you walk in knowing what you want and already having educated yourself), I'm failing to see the downside to buying from Best Buy?

I camped 27 hours for my 6+ at an Apple Store, but walked right into Best Buy last Thursday and bought my Air 2. Without incident.

So I enjoy shopping both places.

19. riseboi macrumors member

Picked up a white 64GB cellular iPad Air 2 tonight from one of my local Best Buys.

20. verycaroline macrumors newbie

AT&T just doesn't want to sell me an iPad...BB would like to, but...

Went over to my local BB today, they have decent help.

LTE (AT&T) models supposedly in stock. I'm psyched. Signs showing I can buy via AT&T Next, so I'm thinking - sweet. I can finally get the device, I'll be able to get the $100 add-a-line bill credit.

(Never mind the fact that I have literally spent ~4 hours since Sunday trying to get AT&T to sell me an LTE iPad Air 2 on my premier account: 2 store visits, 3 phone calls - 1 disconnect, 1 "wow, I just can't order this in my system", 1 "well, the earliest ship date I have is mid-November...I think? or actually it's 3-5 days. actually, I don't know. Escalated to Twitter. Get a call. She literally tells me "so, what's your complaint?" Get another call hours later. They tell me to go to AT&T corp store at "xxxx Y street", they have x # 64gb models in silver, gold. I go there. They have NOTHING in stock. Another call. They tell me to go to BB, who can now sell via Next...and....back to my BB story)

I walk up to the sales associate: "Good sir, I would like to buy a 128 or 64gb silver or gold iPad Air 2, LTE, added to my existing mobile share group via Next" (Picture me gesturing to the "Add a device to your AT&T mobile share group..." placard...the one, oh, next to the iPad display?)

He says "ohh, yeah, I don't know who told you that. We can't sell them via Next. Our rep came in today. He says soon. Like maybe Sunday"

So, I don't know. Maybe I'll draw myself one. Scribble "LTE" in the upper left hand corner. I give up.:confused: