iPad Best Buy iPad trade in values have tanked

Discussion in 'iPad' started by utl768, Dec 13, 2014.

1. utl768 macrumors 6502

two days ago i was quoted 180 for my 16gb verizon ipad 3

this morning it dropped to 68 bucks

2. sovereign macrumors 6502

sovereign

Word has hit the street: The iPad 3 on iOS 8 is like pork bellies left to rot in the sun.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

Trade in values for all of these products have dramatically gone down lately. What you're seeing is actually a normalization of prices rather than the dramatic overpaying for trade ins that retailers and carriers were doing for the past few months just to get people into the door. They were likely taking losses when they had them that high.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Trade in will always get you less than selling it yourself. The only time you make out better is when they have those crazy "trade in any phone/tablet and get X amount towards a new one". If you have a really old device that is where a trade in makes sense.

5. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

The Black Friday deals gotta come out of something. It's still a great time to buy if you're in the market.

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

Ipad 3 resell are just as bad as iPad 2 resell even with better screen and double be RAM (1GB).

Be glad u got 16gb Verizon lte iPad 3. I had Verizon iPad 3 64gb I paid $829 plus taxes back at launch time. Barely could get $220 on Craigslist last week for if.

At least ur iPad 3 16gb cost u $629 or less originally.

7. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Wow you're right. My iPad Air 32 GB went from a tradein of $285 before Black Friday to $153 now. Dummy me...should have upgraded before BF. Ah well, nothing wrong with my Air so I will do the upgrade come next year.

8. aneftp macrumors 68040

Best Buy had a $200 promo credit for ANY iPad 2/3/4/Air minimum $200 best buy gift card till November 16th. This was obviously done to drive iPad Air 1/ 2/iPad Mini 2/3 sales.

Seeing that they are regularly discounting iPad air 1/2 and mini 2/3 starting with black friday. Best Buy sees no incentive to continue to have good trade in values (yeah yeah, I know a third party handles their trade in program. But it's still Best Buy's name that's in business with the third party.

9. 617aircav Suspended

68 bucks. I would rather play ping pong with it than trade it to bestbuy.

10. livlif macrumors member

That sucks. I traded my air in at the right time. lol

Honestly it's the only reason I got the air 2. I wanna say I got $300 for a space grey 32gb in perfect condition. Just took a look and the price has dropped to $153!!!! That's ridiculous!

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

apple will give you a better trade in value than that. They currently give you $240 for the 16gb Air, wifi only.
    https://reuserecycle.abbti.brightstarcorp.com/valuation.aspx

12. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Not only that, but its best buy fronting the trade in $$ on behalf of the partnership too ( with gift cards ), gotta make they're getting some protection.

Bottom line is while trade ins have tanked you can still do somewhat good if you're in the market for a new iPad this season with some of the deals going around.

13. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I think that it's because they have a massive abundance of people trading in. Christmas is right around the corner!