Best Buy iPhone 4 Preorder FAQ

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdubak, Jun 16, 2010.

1. pdubak macrumors member

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile-Phones-Mobile-Broadband/iPhone-4-Pre-order-FAQ/td-p/117476

The most interesting one:
    If I pre-ordered the iPhone 4 at Best Buy®, will I get it on launch day, June 24th, 2010?
    This is not guaranteed and is completely dependent on how many the store receives from Apple. Any inventory received will be used to fulfill outstanding pre-orders in the order they were placed. For example, if the store has twenty pre-orders on launch day but only received fifteen phones from Apple, then the first fifteen pre-orders should receive their phone on launch day.

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

3. pdubak thread starter macrumors member

I'm #16. Got fed up online and walked right in the store at 10:45am no lines or anything.

4. Henry Ford macrumors member

They also have no clue if, or when, they'll receive white models. It seems like they could have cleared that up with Apple at some point during the course of the day.

5. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

I'm #4 for a 32GB. BB is my backup should ATT pooch my order, but its looking good now that my card is charged and I have a order status.

6. Flatline0 macrumors newbie

I'm #2 so I can't believe I won't get one on the 24th. I guess it depends on how many each store gets. Wonder what time they come in though...:confused:

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm #1, so here's hoping there's at least one white phone in there. ;)

8. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I am # 14 for my i4 32GB Black, however there are like a total of 49 for the day, so I would assume they will receive at least 20? :eek:

9. BigOrangeSU macrumors regular

Just a heads up for BB preorders. Make sure to check your receipts. The SKUs for the 16gb and 32gb Black are very close (just reverse last 2 digits) so there is a chance there could be mixups. Nice one BB.

10. drober30 macrumors 6502a

11. Welshman2oo5 macrumors member

My best buy said that they weren't allowed to tell me what pre-order number I was... I reserved this morning and he said there was more than 20 people ahead of me though.

They also said they would call a day ahead of time and let me know if there is one waiting for me, but if i didn't answer my phone then it would be passed on to someone else. That seems pretty ******, what if im at work and can't hear/answer my phone right away?

12. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I'm #2 & 3

what happened to that thread a couple if days ago that showed how many iPhones BB was getting.

13. bubbagumpshrimp macrumors 6502

Is it true that you get a $50 gift card if you pre order through them?

Edit: never mind, just read the info on that link.

14. Welshman2oo5 macrumors member

no, you pay $50 to place the pre-order and then they give you a $50 gift card that you can use when you pay for the phone on the 24th.

It is just to make sure they have serious buyers and not people that are just reserving everywhere to make sure they get the phone day 1.

15. hoffmant macrumors member

Yes, but you pay $50 for it. It's their version of a down payment, I guess.

After trying to order online for 3 hours, I drove over to BB and walked in just as they were opening. I got 2 phones pre-ordered in 5 minutes and have numbers 1 & 2.

How many who have ordered from BB have their reservation appointments made already? I haven't had great experiences at my local store and went there yesterday only as a last resort. I'm hoping they call to set up the appointments today. I'm not going to wait too long without calling over there myself.

16. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Well, if ATT actually delivers for me I'll use the card for a case or charger or something. Either way they got money off me.

17. clarnold macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Best Buy is going to force us to do instore activation? I'd really prefer to activate it at home.

Not to mention I'm trying to pick up both phones on the family plan and the other person won't be able to be there at the time of pick up.