Best buy/iPhone information

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JediZenMaster, Jun 11, 2010.

1. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

So i called best buy and they aren't sure when they are going to be starting pre-orders.

But the representive told me that they may open early but it depends on how many orders their store has.

She told me that they will sell it at Non commit pricing as long as you have an active line and that even if a FAN is attached to it it wouldn't be a problem activating it.

They will also be doing apointments on a first come first service basis. She was pretty cool she gave me her e-mail address too.

2. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

From the reports, they aren't going to have many. It's saying about 45 per store.

3. Built macrumors 68020

True. And the fact that they CAN'T tell us HOW the pre-ordering process is going to be handled...if at all...is problematic for me.

I happen to be in the minority that love Best Buy. I would MUCH prefer to buy my iPhone 4 there, because I would get Reward Zone points...but...I am not going to delay pre-ordering from Apple on the off-chance that Best Buy will set up a pre-ordering system on the 15th.

I am going to call my Reward Zone Silver help line and see what they have to say.

4. ValenR macrumors member

Bleh..so you have to be with AT&T to get an iPhone..now to look for relatives who have AT&T lines <_<

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I would just get with your local best buy mobile department, based on the 3GS launch nearly every store did pre orders a little bit differently

6. Built macrumors 68020

Great advice...I will go in there later today...

7. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

This is exactly what is detering me from Radioshack now. If a large chain such as Best Buy is not too sure of themselves I can only imagine how RS will handle it. I've been following @radioshack on Twitter and the preorders are not being guaranteed it seems.

8. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Are they doing trade-ins for old phones? I think we'll know more by Tuesday, in theory.

9. Built macrumors 68020

I agree, dj. Even moreso than BB, you have reason to be uneasy about RS.

The RS stores, as I understand it, are individually owned and operated...and they have TOO MUCH latitude in how they do business. I can only imagine if they don't come through with a pre-order, they will just shrug their shoulders and tell you to come back next week.

Already RS seems to be not following the "rules." Somebody on here reported that an RS store took their "pre-order" yesterday. Is that REALLY a "pre-order," to RS, or is it just a "non-guaranteed request?" Time will tell.

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

one more thing of note for people interested in best buy pre order your phone will be guaranteed, but timing wise you will be at the mercy of UPS since best buy will not be getting them in until launch day just like everyone else.

11. Built macrumors 68020

That's a good point. It would probably end up being faster ordering through apple.com on the 15th, for delivery on the 24th.

...but damn...I want those Reward Zone points!...Oh well, guess I can't have everything!

12. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

yeah it is so dependent on your location its really hard to tell. For instance my store received them around noon for the 3GS, but UPS doesn't get to my house until around 4 normally so it still worked out better for me at Best Buy

13. Built macrumors 68020

My local UPS guy has to be the WORST that UPS could have ever employed.

When I lived in Marina del Rey, my UPS guy was the BEST. Here in Playa del Rey, this guy thinks nothing of leaving expensive electronics exposed down by the mailboxes. He *rarely* runs anything up to my apartment (and I live in an air-conditioned, elevator building...so it's not exactly a hardship.)

Also, UPS confirmed for me long ago...when something was stolen after having been delivered, that the individual UPS guy is permitted to ignore SIGNATURE REQUIRED if they have delivered to you before.

I went round and round with them when my Tivo Series 3 (value around 300 bucks) was left out down by the mailboxes while I was on a business trip.

...so yes... I know...there are MANY variables with the BB possibility.

14. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I've seen some people say they're already on the RS preorder list. Stuff like that is just crazy and then some stores don't know what's going on. I'll stick with my Apple preorder and just sell my 3GS after I get my iPhone 4 to make the money back.

15. Built macrumors 68020

Good move. I'm with you. I'll be doing the same thing.

I BET you anything that come June 24th, there's going to be a slew of threads beginning with, "Radioshack did not have my iPhone 4."

16. sarcosis macrumors 6502a

Only certain RS stores are independently owned. The majority are corporate owned and corporate managed. They are also at the mercy of UPS so beware!

17. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Exactly

18. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

maybe the day before one of us should start an "OFFICIAL radioshack didn't have my iphone4" thread ..... think it will work?

I would normally order from apple, but since I traded in my 3GS to best buy I have to buy there so I can use the giftcard :confused: Hopefully I wont have to wait too long

19. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

+1