Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omarllamas2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I am an ATT customer and was wondering if preordering through ATT app would be the same as pre ordering from Best Buy as far a more availability. I know if I am lucky enough I can order online and pick up 11/3 in store.

Last edited:

omarllamas2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
I was thinking best buy because everyone else thinks Apple as their first choice and ordering through carrier as their second choice.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Judging from past experiences Best Buy was always the slowest in getting stock in and it would only receive a few devices here and there.
I did it before because they had a special that came with a free gift card etc...
But it was a major pain and took forever.

Last edited:

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I am an ATT customer and was wondering if preordering through ATT app would be the same as pre ordering from Best Buy as far a more availability. I know if I am lucky enough I can order online and pick up 11/3 in store.

Based on past history BestBuy's pre-ordering is a bit of a tease -- not entirely BB's fault. They routinely oversell the pre-order inventory -- either they don't get all the inventory promised or they don't get the # of predicted cancellations. The result is that people "promised" a launch-day unit end up not getting it for a week or two afterwards.

The same thing happens with the carriers too. Go back in the archives to past launches and read the rant-fest. Apple is the only place to pre-order where it's estimates are spot-on or earlier than promised.

Reactions: Applejuiced

Nick A

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2009
Don’t buy through Best Buy.

I pre-ordered the LG G4 through them a few years ago because it came with a $100 gift card. Ordered about 3 weeks before the phone came out.

They didn’t have it available on launch day and said they had no idea when they were getting more in.

Finally got it in 3 weeks later and told me I didn’t qualify for the card because I paid full price and wasn’t activating a new line. I asked them to show me where in the promotion it says that.

It didn’t. They couldn’t find it. I had to call corporate and they verified that it said “with purchase of an LG G4.” And they mailed me a gift card after that.

Complete headache through and through.

Reactions: Applejuiced

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
I dislike bestbuy here 3 things why

1/ theyr rule
2/ alway expensive
3/ doesnt polite to customer at all the way they serve

Reactions: cinder

Complex757

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2016
My Best Buy was always good about allotment and giving them. They scheduled a time for you to pick up and I always went in the morning. I haven't gotten a phone from Best Buy since the 6 though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.