iPad Best buy is amazing!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RDAR, Oct 24, 2014.

1. RDAR macrumors 6502

So I bought a 64 iPad Air 2 at my local Best Buy. I opened it up there and had them put on a glass screen protector. I set it up quickly while they were getting the screen protector ready. I went into the settings to check the iOS version and saw that the available memory was 114.6GB. So I showed the guy and he checked the box. The serial number on the box and on the iPad were different. They said they weren't going to open up a bunch of iPads just so they could find the match. So long story short, I walked out of Best Buy with a 128GB iPad that only cost the price of a 64GB one :)

2. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Wow you're so lucky! I couldn't even get my air 2 today -.-

3. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Many people on this forum would disagree (especially when it comes to customer service). But I walked out of there with an iPad yesterday, so how could I complain?

Seriously though, their customer service is awful.

4. RDAR thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I usually get my Apple products at the Apple store but I didnt have time to drive there. There's a Best Buy on the way home from work so I just decided to pop in. They were actually talking about selling it as an open box and getting me another 64GB. But they ended up letting me keep it.

Edit: This is Best Buy in Canada if that matters.

5. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I have built a rapport with employees in the departments I shop and also with management. I get good customer service and do not have problems with my specific store. I rather shop there and get zero interest financing than elsewhere and it is so close to my home to ice the cake.

I was in and out today with a new Air 2 in ten minutes, no preorder no waiting in a line like at Apple or submitting my name and waiting. In other words, priceless!

6. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

LOL

This leaves one to wonder how many people get wrong size and don't even notice!

7. Rafterman macrumors 68000

"Best buy is amazing!!!"

The first time those words were ever uttered in Best Buy's existence.

8. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Some poor soul is buying a 128GB and only getting 64GB. He'll probably take it back to Best Buy and be told "too bad." :p

9. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

makes me want to open what i purchased at the register if I buy anything from Best Buy

10. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

11. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

I guess this goes to show that you should ALWAYS ALWAYS open the box, turn on, and test any electronic purchase before leaving a store.

12. HXGuyAZ macrumors 6502

So what happens if you have a warranty claim and it doesn't match the serial number on the receipt, does it even matter?

13. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

This is an extremely rare thread to see. Maybe the first of its kind.

14. iF34R macrumors 6502a

iF34R

Unfortunately, I got the one listed on the box. :( lol

15. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Like any other chain, it varies by store.

16. Charliebird macrumors 6502a

Some poor slob who ordered a 128 GB one is probably going to get a 64 GB one instead.

17. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

I think you're more lucky than they are good.

If you had gone home and realized it was 16GB instead of 128GB, they would've called you a liar and told you to go home.

18. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

I'm talking about phone customer service. The people at the store were very friendly. But there were several times this past week where I was speaking to people who seemed like they knew little English.

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

lol no it doesn't.

20. arbogast777 macrumors regular

My worry would be if your try to return it and they won't take it as the serial numbers don't match...

21. mangomind macrumors 6502a

mangomind

lol ok. do what you want.

22. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Best Buy is many things. Amazing is not on the list, unless it's added with copious amounts of sarcastic incredulity.

In this particular case, it's their very lack of game that worked out for you. It's usually the opposite.

23. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I remember buying a 32Gb mini on release day at the local apple store. Had 2 dead pixels and took it back. Had no more 32Gb in stock so gave me a 64gb for no extra.

24. S.I.D. CrAzY macrumors newbie

Apple is amazing!!!

Oh god, that's gonna be me isn't it?