iPad Pro Best buy is having $100 off again

Discussion in 'iPad' started by masotime, Oct 25, 2016.

1. masotime macrumors 68000

masotime

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lots of iPad sales lately.. just before the Mac Event... hmm

3. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

There have been $100 off sales on the iPad for at least the past year. That doesn't mean there will or won't be new iPads at the event tomorrow.

4. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Hope springs eternal.

I returned a Pro 9.7" when BB had their stackable $100 off and $100 (student) sale. So this is a snoozer for me.

But that BB deal happens rarely...so this sale is still something.

5. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

I've been on the fence about taking advantage of this deal, as I'm interested in the Apple Pencil. Would like to see a sweeter deal on the 9.7" model, though. I suspect the deals will get better as the holidays approach. In any case, I'll at least wait until after tomorrow's event, just in case there is any iPad Pro news.

6. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

Any news tomorrow won't affect the Pro 9.7" though.

Since it debuted in March, it's too soon to be refreshed. If there is any iPad news tomorrow, it will be anything but this model.

But yes to maybe more sales to follow.

7. masotime thread starter macrumors 68000

masotime

Unfortunately there is precedent that there is no such thing as "too soon to be refreshed". The iPad 3 was launched in March 2012, the iPad 4 in October 2012. The iPad Pro 9.7" was launched in March 2016.

It's very possible that Apple will do a "soft refresh" and equip all iPad Pros with A10X / USB 3 29W / True Tone enhanced gamut displays.

8. GoldfishRT macrumors 6502

GoldfishRT

If there's nothing new and REAL interesting tomorrow that'll take my money instead, a 9.7" iPad Pro is in the cards for me.

I like my MBP. I don't like carrying it around.

9. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

The iPad 3 and 4 incident was done partly to address shortcomings (with the 3)...doubt that will happen here though anything is possible.

We'll know very soon.

10. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Cellular model not worth it if 2-year contract is required. For one thing, there's the $20-40 activation/upgrade fee unless they have a promo to waive it. For another, you're looking at $175 termination fee if you don't complete the contract. Verizon has occasionally had $250 off sales on iPads (and other tablets) on 2-year contract and $150 off on installment plans.

Personally in favor of $150 off on installment. With the $250 off on 2-year contract, if you cancel before the time is up, your discount after activation ($40) and termination (up to $175) fees is just $35 ($75 if waived activation). On installment, discount is $130 after $20 activation fee ($150 if waived activation).

11. hipnetic macrumors 6502a

Sorry, to be clearer...

1) I have a high degree of interest in an iPad Mini Pro (i.e., an iPad Mini that supports the Apple Pencil).
    2) Another possibility today might be a price cut on the Pro models.

Neither will likely happen today, but I figured it can't hurt to wait and see.

12. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

The only way to buy a New iPad Model is day 1 you get the most value and early deals. Me I purchased mine through Sprint who matched Verizon. Instead of paying $729 for an LTE 32 GB model I paid $529 that's $30 more than $499 and better than any deals this far.

13. SparkFlash macrumors 6502

SparkFlash

Im tempted with the $100 off. I bought one on day 1 and returned it originally. Hmmm

14. masotime thread starter macrumors 68000

masotime

No new iPads announced Good time to buy I think.

15. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I wish folks would stop pointing to the iPad 3/4 incident as if it is normal for Apple to do that. They did it ONCE... 4 years ago. The fact that this incident is influencing people's purchasing decisions today is puzzling.

Yes, now is a very good time to buy an iPad (Pro or non)... but don't pay MSRP, jump at the first $100+ discount deal that comes along.

If a person doesn't need Apple Pencil support and looking at the 9.7 form-factor, the Air 2 is a better deal IMO than the 9.7 Pro. For the 12.9 form-factor, the current Pro is terrific.

As for any Black Friday deals, don't expect anything better than $150 off... and even THAT is iffy. More likely $100 if anything.

16. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Yep. I wouldn't hold my breath for a much better deal than $100 off, even on Black Friday.

When I finally decided that I wanted to buy an iPad mini 4, I waited until the very next $100 off sale at Best Buy and jumped on it.

17. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Now that it is clear that there isn't going to be an iPad Mini Pro (at least for another 6-12 months), I'm going to have to keep an eye out for deals on the "4".

18. iono11200 macrumors member

Just bought 2 32gb WiFi only iPad Pro's from abt.com. $499.99 each with free shipping, no tax and 12 month interest free financing with the abt.com credit card. One silver and one space gray. Upgrading from the original iPad Air. These are the 9.7" iPad Pro's

19. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Agreed. I love my iPad Air cellular deal... I buy data when I want and how much I want and there are no contracts, requirements, or any other hidden fees or crap. It's through AT&T. I'd never get an iPad without cellular support but I also would never buy one that required a contract either. Contracts are for phones, NOT tablets! ;)

20. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

It looks like it's $100 off the wifi, and $200 off the cellular models, with a contract. How does the 2 year plan work with an existing carrier? Buy and add to existing contract? Or do you need a new contract somehow through Best Buy?

21. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

I need data on the tablet all the time so I don't mind contracts for tablets as long as subsidies can justify tying yourself to a single carrier. Alas, subsidies for tablets are often too small to bother with and come with hefty penalties (sometimes even more than the subsidy itself) for not completing the contract.

22. masotime thread starter macrumors 68000

masotime

You'd have to check with them. I rarely buy things on contract, and never on iPads - that's why I quoted $100 off. $200 off may make sense with a contract though, depending on your needs.

23. rui no onna macrumors 601

rui no onna

Honestly, I wouldn't consider this if you can get the non-contract iPad for just $100 difference. Activation fee is $40 unless waived and if you cancel early for whatever reason, termination fee is up to $175 so you could end up paying $115 more for your iPad. I'd only consider contract if discount over the same contract-free model is at least $200 (e.g. if contract-free iPad $100 off, then 2-year contract iPad must be at least $300 off).

24. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Sure, if the subsidy is great then it cancels out so to speak and is worth it. I just meant straight up contracts with no incentives were kid of iffy. ;)