Best Buy Iventory Report - Report your findings

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rileyrd, Apr 2, 2010.

1. rileyrd macrumors member

Just back from Best Buy in Raleigh. They will have 20 of each model. This is more than the 5 per model mentioned in another post. This is the North Raleigh location on Capital Blvd. I assume the Crabtree Valley location will not have them since there is an Apple store next door.

Check your location as well.

2. ScottEK macrumors newbie

My buddies called our local Best Buy while we were at lunch. The store is in North Aurora, IL. It is a very low volume store, I can't believe they stay in business.

3. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

I've been into mine twice, and both times the "Apple guy" wasn't in. The other associates didn't seem to know much.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Just came from the BB in Champaign, IL. They will have iPads but will not say how many. They just said that if you wanted one to get there early.

I have pre-ordered a 3G model so it doesn't really concern me except to see and touch one of the demo units, the apple rep said they would have some for that purpose.

If you have pre-ordered an iPad that is coming later this may be the way to take care of your fix. Just go to an Apple Store, Apple Retailer, or a Best Buy and touch and play until yours comes in.

5. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Wow, is this the thread for IL?

Normal, IL. Just called the Best Buy here.

1. They will have them
    2. They don't know how many as they haven't arrived yet
    3. They open at 10AM
    4. No one is lining up yet
    5. They don't take reservations

6. obey908 macrumors 6502a

I just called 4 local bestbuys, and not one of them knew how many ipad's they are going to have for tomorrow. :(

7. clayk macrumors member

Little Rock

Allegedly 100 in the store
    opening at 9am

8. dakotaiphone macrumors newbie

I called the BestBuy in Barboursville, WV (Huntington Store) and they said they will have them, they open at 10am, no one is in line yet, and they wouldn't tell me how many they had. I plan on being there around 4am.

9. foxnews1 macrumors 6502

just called BB in Charlotte, NorthLake, and they said they have it and accessories. they can't look it up in the computer until tomorrow. I might just cancel my apple case and buy it from BB.

edit: called BB in Moresesville, NC and they have plenty. don't know quantity unti it closes tonight.

10. bossxii macrumors 68000

Kansas City

BB on 119th and Metcalf - 10 for sale, open at 9am

BB on 119th and I35 - 10 for sale, open at 9am

Talked to the "Apple guy" at both stores, they seemed pretty disappointed with such limited supplies.

11. jtgreen86 macrumors member

Another member from BN? Nice

I'll be there about 9 tomorrow morning to grab a case. I spoke to the Apple rep yesterday and he said their shipment will arrive at 10:30 tonight. He had just cleared off the right side shelves (where all of the cases and cables were). When I asked him about the cases, he told me to just jump in line and if they hand out tickets to let the employee know and I'll be skipped for an iPad but it will still give me a good shot at a case.

12. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

I think I know you... my name starts with a K...

EDIT: Also, do they open at 9?

13. jtgreen86 macrumors member

Hmm I think you may... my sn matches my rn pretty well:cool:

14. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

My wife is an analyst for one of the largest comp in NEW YORK....BB is one of there clients and she stated they were told BB only going to have around 15 per store.

15. DizzyDiz macrumors newbie

I just called my local Best Buy in San Antonio and they told me if I want an iPad I have to wait in line, but if I want an accessory (which is all I want) that I don't have to wait in line I can just come in the store and get one.

16. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Called Kissimmee, Florida BB and they didn't seem to know much, just said they will have "some".

17. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Nice to see another MacRumors reader from Little Rock! Now if we could only get an Apple store here....

18. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

I talked to my near by store and they kinda said the same thing...Infact she said not that many people calling asking about it. She said Im sure there might be a line we are really unsure, but doors open at 9 and letting everyone in. She said not handing out tickets of any kind...If that is the case Im going to buy one-two more Ipads. One for my bro and another for my wife. I have one coming to the house via UPS so no worries...Primarly want accessories for mine. I plan on going up there around 6 or so since less than 5 min from house.

19. ElZeus macrumors regular

Illinois must be boring.

Kildeer Best Buy across the street from the Apple store there will have 20. No line as of yet. I'm going to start it.

20. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

lol, thats funny...
    i opened this thread to see what other bestbuys were getting in stock...and low and behold!...the thread was started by someone IN RALEIGH!...where i live!
    its good to know that they are gettin a decent amount..

Is anyone planning on camping out at the raleigh BB store? what time are you goingto show up if you dont camp out?

I think im gonna go to the apple store in crabtree at about 6am and stand in line there...it will be a good time and i KNOW they will have enough at the apple store in case theres a good line before I get there in the morning..

you think theres gonna be a line overnight at the raleigh bestbuy?

21. gillybean macrumors 6502a

A question for those of you planning to camp out in front of best buy overnight - what do you do if you have to pee?

Pee in the bushes? Pee on the sidewalk? Drive home to pee and ask someone to save your spot?

22. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

I have w8 in many lines and most will allow you to pee in a cup hahah na most will save your spot...

23. ElZeus macrumors regular

You're only hardcore if you pee on yourself.

Most will save your spot to relieve yourself.

24. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Let a little out...and let it dry...let a little out...and let it dry. :D

25. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

Thanks, OP. I'm over in Durham/Southpoint and my pre-order for delivery fell off the tracking map in Korea 24 hours ago. :) So I'm seriously pondering hitting the Southpoint store, but I missed calling before they closed. Good to know this general area is at least getting some.