Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Well Apparently the local BB did not get enough pre-orders for my #14th i4 to arrive this Thursday, so they have started with the calls, however this one sucked.

I am getting tired of the whole BS with this phone and how Apple releases thier products this is a crock and personally Apple lost a lot of points with me today.

I am not even sure I plan on getting the new i4 now, pissed me off to no end... :mad:

Munitalp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
They got less than 14 iPhones? That sucks, if thats the case lots of people are going to be very disappointed.

8mpg

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I just dont understand how they can **** this up this bad...

How hard is it for a company to say... We have 500,000 phones available... ATT gets 200,000....you guys split it up
BB..you get 50,000...you guys split it up
Radio Shack gets 50,000...you guys split it up

The rest will be apple.com preorders.Why would they oversell/overpromise if they know they dont have that many available?

brvheart

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2007
when the 3GS launched it was the same thing, I was number 4 inline and they only had 10 at the store, but they did not tell anyone. They let the 10th person get theirs then announced that they had no more - talk about an uprising.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I understand your frustration but your mistake was preordering w/ BB. They hardly got any iPads in for launch and they should not have accepted preorders for phones they were not sure they would get in on launch day.

Squid7085

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2002
Charlotte, NC
How hard is it for a company not to promise you a phone they don't even know they are getting. I really don't know why anybody would put their trust on a launch day device with any company but Apple. Given all the delays and stuff, it looks like Apple may have ended up with less devices than they expected, and obviously, Apple is going to fill their orders before letting out to other retailers.

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
Don't blame Apple or AT&T for a botched pre-order, blame Best Buy. If I remembered correctly, the only ones that had semi-concrete numbers on their stock allocation was Apple.com, Apple Stores and AT&T.com. Best Buy planned poorly and oversold what they had. Same thing for RS pre-ordering phones the day before the pre-order only to be told oops you couldn't do that. We don't know stock allocation.

imetazoa

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2008
bfe
Well Apparently the local BB did not get enough pre-orders for my #14th i4 to arrive this Thursday, so they have started with the calls, however this one sucked.

I am getting tired of the whole BS with this phone and how Apple releases thier products this is a crock and personally Apple lost a lot of points with me today.

I am not even sure I plan on getting the new i4 now, pissed me off to no end... :mad:

Did you order a 16gb or 32gb? White or black?

I was #13 and pre-ordered a 16gb black... and havent got that horrible call... yet.

aserafin

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
Even if best buy did get 50,000 phones (probably a large over-estimate) when you consider that they have 1000+ stores in the US, you can do the math and see how an even initially impressive number leads to low per store volume. Still a load of crap though that they, Best Buy or Apple, weren't forthcoming with any information.:mad:

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I know but last year I had no problem, this year they received less then 20 phones, but I also blame Apple, let's face it they are the ones who determines who gets what, and they started this crap with the pre orders then decided wait, we do not have any white ones, but let's not say anything.

Best Buy is partly to blame but then again I had no issue last year, and I am really pissed about the way the whole thing was handled. I even reserved one for myself on Pre-Order day and have it going to a local Apple store, but who knows if I will even get one and how long the lines will be.

Personally I have a White 32GB 3GS that works fine for me, and I am thinking about now going to something else, Apple seriously pissed me off big time.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
Don't blame Apple or AT&T for a botched pre-order, blame Best Buy. If I remembered correctly, the only ones that had semi-concrete numbers on their stock allocation was Apple.com, Apple Stores and AT&T.com. Best Buy planned poorly and oversold what they had. Same thing for RS pre-ordering phones the day before the pre-order only to be told oops you couldn't do that. We don't know stock allocation.

Um allowing pre orders is hardly poor planning. There was no way for them to know how many they were going to get so they just preordered. Also unless your best buys were stupid they were never supposed to guarantee a 24th delivery to anyone. Preordering doesn't mean you get it day one it just means that as soon as its in it is yours.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Sorry to hear that, man. I'll likely be in the same boat. BB hasn't called me for an appointment. I finally got a hold of someone who answered my call after hundreds of rings, and the lady told me they have no clue how many are arriving. I suggest a new plan. Make Apple the first priority for pre-order and the other retailers like AT&T, BB, RS, and Walmart as a fall back plans next time. Lesson learned from me after this fiasco. Seems like nobody is communicating at all. The lucky ones who were able to pre-order correctly via Apple before the servers crapped out is already being rewarded today. The golden ticket. I suggest camping out at your nearest Apple Store tomorrow night. When a 3rd party is getting involved, it just ends up getting messy. Go to the main source and do it early.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Jul 4, 2009
Same for me and I was #11. Glad I have a reservation at the Apple store. No estimated time frame on next shipment from them either :rolleyes:

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
and they started this crap with the pre orders

They "Started this crap with the pre-orders" because without the pre-rders, there would have been even worse mayhem on June 24th than there will be now. Imagine the lines, camping and wiat lists if there were NO pre-orders? Do you honestly think you would've stood a better chance that way?

Believe what you want, but there are manufacturing limits to anything. 600,000 iPhones is way beyond what anyone expected would be ordered in what's supposed to be a down economy.

The real problem is that everyone has a sense of entitlement, that I should have this expensive piece of metal and glass before anyone else, that everyone else is simply less important and less significant... even though everyone else feels exactly the same way. When in fact, no, there is no difference in significance or entitlement here. It's just random. If you get it this week, you get it this week. If not, well, there's next time.

The device will be just as good if you get it next week as if you get it this week, especially if you already have a working iPhone.

I had my iPhone stolen last week. I have no phone right now. If anything, going a week without a phone of any kind kinda reset my mentality a little. It's just not that important. Useful, yes, and I still miss it and am annoyed that someone jacked it from me. But I survived. Kinda more relaxed about things, actually. And I've decided I'm not gonna try very hard to get an iPhone 4 come Thursday. And if I don't get one, well, I can survive another week.

Personally I have a White 32GB 3GS that works fine for me, and I am thinking about now going to something else, Apple seriously pissed me off big time.

Good! Goodbye! I'm sure Steve is quaking in his boots. And just as your "going somewhere else" is personally that important to him, it should be just as important to you (read: not that much!).

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
Did they say when they expect to be able to fulfill your order? A week?

They have no clue when they will get more but the guy from the Cellular department said they have no idea when and how many they will get to even give me a clue, this whole thing sucks big time, adn I am pissed at Apple.

ldkaplan

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
N. Georgia
Sorry to hear that, man. I'll likely be in the same boat. BB hasn't called me for an appointment. I finally got a hold of someone who answered my call after hundreds of rings, and the lady told me they have no clue how many are arriving. I suggest a new plan. Make Apple the first priority for pre-order and the other retailers like AT&T, BB, RS, and Walmart as a fall back plans next time. Lesson learned from me after this fiasco. Seems like nobody is communicating at all. The lucky ones who were able to pre-order correctly via Apple before the servers crapped out is already being rewarded today. The golden ticket. I suggest camping out at your nearest Apple Store tomorrow night. When a 3rd party is getting involved, it just ends up getting messy. Go to the main source and do it early.

I had no issue with AT&T. I ordered via the website...mine is in route. I would hardly bundle them with Radioshack and BB.

BBQ BOY

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
I went by BB this morning and asked when I was going to get the call to make an appointment. They told me hay are not taking reservations but are getting some iPhones. She told me to be there by 10:00.
I ordered a 32G white and was #9 I think but the first to order a white. Maybe I was #6.

mastershakess

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2008
Bel Air, MD
I went by BB this morning and asked when I was going to get the call to make an appointment. They told me hay are not taking reservations but are getting some iPhones. She told me to be there by 10:00.
I ordered a 32G white and was #9 I think but the first to order a white. Maybe I was #6.

No White iPhones on launch

muledogus

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2009
This is why I pre-ordered with Apple. You have more of a chance getting 2 iphones from them by accident than getting one on purpose from BB.

outphase

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
I know but last year I had no problem, this year they received less then 20 phones, but I also blame Apple, let's face it they are the ones who determines who gets what, and they started this crap with the pre orders then decided wait, we do not have any white ones, but let's not say anything.

Best Buy is partly to blame but then again I had no issue last year, and I am really pissed about the way the whole thing was handled. I even reserved one for myself on Pre-Order day and have it going to a local Apple store, but who knows if I will even get one and how long the lines will be.

Blaming Apple? That's working under the assumption that Apple is micromanaging distribution to individual Best Buy locations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.