Best Buy just called, they got more than they expected.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mastershakess, Jun 24, 2010.

1. mastershakess macrumors 6502

They called me Tuesday with the bad news that weren't getting enough in to meet the pre-orders, but they called me today and told me they got more than they expected. I pick mine up later today!

There is still hope!

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Congrats. Best Buy has been pretty reliable from my experiences. Good to see that Apple has managed to come up with a fair bit of phones despite the demand.

3. Built macrumors 68020

4. tsmithgolf2000 macrumors regular

Yeah, I stopped buy a BB today to pick a new case for my iphone 4 and they had a nice little system of handing out there iphone's, it was going real smooth. They stated they got about half of what they expected. This BB is across the street of an Apple store which had a line of about 200 people at 10:00 a.m. waiting in 90+F heat while the BB people were waiting in nice cool air conditiong.

5. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I dropped by to check what was up and it turns out they had a phone for me after all. The manager said he's tried to call me a few times but the line had been busy. I actually believe him, since when they activated the stupid thing it had three missed calls that had most definitely never rung to my limbophone.

Regardless, baby is charging/restoring/syncing at the moment. Will get to play later.

I should also say that their activation process was quick, smooth, and painless. They really had their act together, as far as I could tell. It's a shame Apple was so secretive about their inventory, it really ended up reflecting badly on folks who had no control over the situation, i.e. the retailers.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

My best buy got about 50 iPhones and i don't live in a big city. He told me they had to send 10 back (which im thinking they really put them aside for employees) they had 31 pre-orders before they had to stop taking them. So they had a couple extra for people waiting in line hoping to get an iphone.

There were huge lines at both att stores, apparently they didn't read the sign on the door and got sent home. They waited all that time in line and got sent home.

7. clarnold macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, I had the opposite experience. BB told me they would call to set up appointments. Last night around 7 I called to say I hadn't received a call yet and was told that they weren't going to do appointments this time. He said they only called people if their phones weren't coming in. Great! So I show up today and imagine that, they WERE setting up appointments and since I was NOT called, my phone wasn't available.

Nice job guys. Looks like I'm playing the waiting game like everyone else. Ah well.

8. mastershakess thread starter macrumors 6502

clarnold: sorry to hear that, they were very professional with me.