Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
No ETA on it, either. I went ahead and switched to black. :(

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
No ETA on it, either. I went ahead and switched to black. :(

Did they call you? How were you informed that your pre-order was has been cancelled?
Also, what time did you pre-order? What was your number in lines?

katiesham

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2009
Georgia
Regardless of what they "let you do", they do not have the phones. It would be dishonest for them to let you pre-order because they do not and probably will not have the white available on launch day.

Plain and simple. Did you honestly expect them to just send you the white on the 24th even though they said they wouldn't be available.

jfrancis04

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Has there been any word at all on the white? I'm getting more and more frustrated...

ijen0311

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Did they call you? How were you informed that your pre-order was has been cancelled?
Also, what time did you pre-order? What was your number in lines?

They called, I was 13 around noon.

carlili4190

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Has there been any word at all on the white? I'm getting more and more frustrated...

The best buy I pre ordered at said that they were getting limited quantities of the white in-stock on launch day... I called a couple of other best buys in my area and they said the same thing

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
When I got to Best Buy at 9:30am today to reserve the iPhone, I was pretty set on the black iPhone despite changing my mind between white and black these past couple of days. Then I read that the White would not be available, so I was pretty happy that my decision would be made easier and would reaffirm my decision to get black, because white would not even be available if I wanted it. So when i was with the Best Buy mobile rep, I asked for black and then said "So white isn't going to be available, huh?" and he said "Oh no yeah it is! Do you want that one?" But I didn't believe him; I was pretty sure he just wasn't aware that they weren't receiving them. I figured Best Buy just wanted to get as many people to purchase those $50 gift cards as they could.

I'm #3 on the iPhone 32GB list, but I'm just worried about how the entire reservation thing is going to work out once they call me. I wouldn't want for me not to be available at a specific time during launch day because of the classes I'm taking, and for them to set up others who appear later on the list after me and run them out of their supply.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
The best buy I pre ordered at said that they were getting limited quantities of the white in-stock on launch day... I called a couple of other best buys in my area and they said the same thing

Huh... What? They are getting white iphones? Are you serious....
Are you sure this wasn't a prank call? I did not expect them to carry at launch.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Huh... What? They are getting white iphones? Are you serious....
Are you sure this wasn't a prank call? I did not expect them to carry at launch.

Not a prank. I called multiple Best Buys who said they were getting white. I preordered one myself. We'll see.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
Not a prank. I called multiple Best Buys who said they were getting white. I preordered one myself. We'll see.
How the hell bestbuy get white iphones at launch, but not AT&T?

Well, I was very skeptical at first, but I did pre-order my white iphone 16GB at 11 am today, so I am in. And I have not received any phone calls about canceling my pre-orders.

Gosh...This whole thing is so screwed up just like our economy.

Mee2323

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2009
Venice, CA.
When I got to Best Buy at 9:30am today to reserve the iPhone, I was pretty set on the black iPhone despite changing my mind between white and black these past couple of days. Then I read that the White would not be available, so I was pretty happy that my decision would be made easier and would reaffirm my decision to get black, because white would not even be available if I wanted it. So when i was with the Best Buy mobile rep, I asked for black and then said "So white isn't going to be available, huh?" and he said "Oh no yeah it is! Do you want that one?" But I didn't believe him; I was pretty sure he just wasn't aware that they weren't receiving them. I figured Best Buy just wanted to get as many people to purchase those $50 gift cards as they could.

I'm #3 on the iPhone 32GB list, but I'm just worried about how the entire reservation thing is going to work out once they call me. I wouldn't want for me not to be available at a specific time during launch day because of the classes I'm taking, and for them to set up others who appear later on the list after me and run them out of their supply.

Yeah I'm number 12 on the 16gb list. She asked which one I wanted and I smirked and told her black because the white wouldn't be available. She went ahead, like the rest of you heard, and said it would be. I just nodded and told her I'd stick with the black.

Hopefully the report of Best Buys getting AT LEAST 15 of the 16gb blacks is accurate.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
I was told that if they cannot get white ones in, then I can opt out for black ones. But, then again... Not every employees are trained for this. He was a manager, so NO EXCUSES. Sigh, I must calm myself...
Breathe. Breathe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.