Best Buy just cancelled my white pre-order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijen0311, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

No ETA on it, either. I went ahead and switched to black. :(

2. outphase macrumors 65816

Sounds fair. It wouldn't be right to keep you on the hook for that long.

3. katiesham macrumors member

CAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE EM!

Why would you expect them to let you pre-order if they do not have the phones?

4. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Umm... maybe because they did let me pre-order?

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Did they call you? How were you informed that your pre-order was has been cancelled?
    Also, what time did you pre-order? What was your number in lines?

6. katiesham macrumors member

Regardless of what they "let you do", they do not have the phones. It would be dishonest for them to let you pre-order because they do not and probably will not have the white available on launch day.

Plain and simple. Did you honestly expect them to just send you the white on the 24th even though they said they wouldn't be available.

7. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Has there been any word at all on the white? I'm getting more and more frustrated...

8. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

They called, I was 13 around noon.

9. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

you were 13 at noon, how old were you at 1pm?

10. carlili4190 macrumors regular

The best buy I pre ordered at said that they were getting limited quantities of the white in-stock on launch day... I called a couple of other best buys in my area and they said the same thing

11. klitorisaurus macrumors member

13 and 1 hour.

12. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

When I got to Best Buy at 9:30am today to reserve the iPhone, I was pretty set on the black iPhone despite changing my mind between white and black these past couple of days. Then I read that the White would not be available, so I was pretty happy that my decision would be made easier and would reaffirm my decision to get black, because white would not even be available if I wanted it. So when i was with the Best Buy mobile rep, I asked for black and then said "So white isn't going to be available, huh?" and he said "Oh no yeah it is! Do you want that one?" But I didn't believe him; I was pretty sure he just wasn't aware that they weren't receiving them. I figured Best Buy just wanted to get as many people to purchase those $50 gift cards as they could.

I'm #3 on the iPhone 32GB list, but I'm just worried about how the entire reservation thing is going to work out once they call me. I wouldn't want for me not to be available at a specific time during launch day because of the classes I'm taking, and for them to set up others who appear later on the list after me and run them out of their supply.

13. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Huh... What? They are getting white iphones? Are you serious....
    Are you sure this wasn't a prank call? I did not expect them to carry at launch.

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Not a prank. I called multiple Best Buys who said they were getting white. I preordered one myself. We'll see.

15. hcho3 macrumors 68030

How the hell bestbuy get white iphones at launch, but not AT&T?

Well, I was very skeptical at first, but I did pre-order my white iphone 16GB at 11 am today, so I am in. And I have not received any phone calls about canceling my pre-orders.

Gosh...This whole thing is so screwed up just like our economy.

16. Mee2323 macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm number 12 on the 16gb list. She asked which one I wanted and I smirked and told her black because the white wouldn't be available. She went ahead, like the rest of you heard, and said it would be. I just nodded and told her I'd stick with the black.

Hopefully the report of Best Buys getting AT LEAST 15 of the 16gb blacks is accurate.

17. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I was told that if they cannot get white ones in, then I can opt out for black ones. But, then again... Not every employees are trained for this. He was a manager, so NO EXCUSES. Sigh, I must calm myself...
    Breathe. Breathe.