Best Buy Loss Prevention

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by easygreen, Feb 27, 2009.

1. easygreen macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with BestBuy LP? My husband bought a Toshiba Laptop on 1-23-09 and a warranty also for 100.00 extra.Well, he had the laptop for 3 weeks and about a week after he got it started getting warm,it shut down on the third week so we took it back to BestBuy to get it repaired under warranty. First of all, Toshiba is supposed to fix the laptop, not Geeksquad, They had to replace the Hard drive.... not only that but it takes almost 2 weeks to get the laptop back and they did not have the powercord with it, also it had some fingerprints all over it and a few very bad scratches in top of it. We want to know if there is a way we can find out on the day my husband took it up there to be fixed he took it to the counter, powercord and all and someone plugged it up,but it would not work and my husband thinks they forgot the powercord at the counter. Is there anyway to find this out? ie...video cameras? There is more I would like to discuss, but I have to go to work Thankyou for your time

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Assuming "Loss Prevention" at Best Buy is like most companies I can't really see where they would come into this. The Loss Prevention personnel are normally people employed to minimize shoplifted products and store employee theft. In other words they are normally involved in the company's assets, not the customer's- but I suppose anything is possible, so I would suggest you get ahold of the BB Corporate office:

Best Buy Co., Inc.
    7601 Penn Avenue S.
    Richfield, MN 55423
    (612) 291-1000