Best Buy - Mac buy online/store pickup?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DewGuy1999, Mar 11, 2011.

1. DewGuy1999, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Has anyone used the Best Buy purchases online/store pickup to buy a Mac? How well does it work? Do they put stickers/tags or something of that nature on the reserved item's box? If there's a problem with the Mac can it be returned to the store for exchange or refund? Thanks.

2. jnash macrumors regular

Best Buy has came a long way, and I actually buy all my macs from there one because I like the rewardzone points 2. they have no more restocking fees 3. accidental coverage, my daughter spilled milk on my last 13" mbp fried my machine but best buy replaced it. I think apple stores still have restocking fees.

3. DewGuy1999 thread starter macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I was considering Best Buy because I can use Discover Card at BestBuy.com and get a 5% cash back bonus, plus there's the Reward Zone points you mentioned and they're local whereas the nearest Apple Store is quite a distance away in the Detroit area. I can also use the Discover Card at the online Apple Store for a 5% cash back bonus, but I'd have to wait for it to be delivered, plus returns if needed would be more difficult. I think the Apple Store has also eliminated restocking fees. On the accidental coverage, I assume that's through the Best Buy service plan? Have you had any experience with the buy online/store pickup aspect?

4. jnash macrumors regular

Sorry for the late reply I am in Michigan. I never had any problems with online/store pick up.