Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
From http://TUAW.com:

Dan sent in this tantalizing screenshot he found at the iOnMac forums. It appears to be a Best Buy sales flyer advertising a "Mighty Mouse with Bluetooth Technology." That mouse's tail is what's kept me from buying one so far, and if this is legit, I may have to drive to my Apple retailer this weekend.

I must note that I was not able to find the same image when browsing the flyer at BestBuy.com. The site requested my postal zip code before displaying the flyer, so perhaps the mice just haven't made it to the Best Buy in my neck of the woods. Or, it's a fake or typo.

Can anyone replicate the ad? Let us know.

Thanks, Dan!

Update: Reader Conor has found the ad. To view it yourself, follow his instructions. Well done, Conor!

Go to bestbuy.ca
Click weekly ad at the bottom under store services
Enter M4B 1V7 as your postal code
Go to page 18 and there it is

Attached screenshot:

index.php

Maybe it's coming out next Tuesday at the mysterious event. Follow the instruction at the bottom of the quoted text and it will lead you to the ad. I was able to do it myself, so it is there.

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
iGary said:
It has a wire hanging off of it?
I know, it's either a very retarded typo, or they got info of a BT mouse but they got no pictures. Or maybe the wire is an antenna... ha! :p

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Yeah, that can't be Bluetooth. It has a wire coming out of it. :p Isn't the Mighty Mouse $49.99? So it's a typo AND a misleadng advertisement.

(unless there is something Apple is not telling us)

mcmillan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
It says $60 after saving $20, but that's Canadian dollars. 80CA$ it's almost 70US$

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
curious, mainly because of the price... two mistakes here, which is what makes it all the more interesting. who knows.

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
PlaceofDis said:
curious, mainly because of the price... two mistakes here, which is what makes it all the more interesting. who knows.
I believe the Apple Pro Bluetooth is that price.

...and it doesn't have a long antennae "thingy" on it. :D

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
Hmm, thats very intriguing. I've been holding off on purchasing a mouse too, mostly because I cannot find a good BT mouse. Apple is going to need more than one or two big announcements at the media event, so maybe this is part of the "filler" material or small announcements as was Madonna and Harry Potter last time. Would be very sweet.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
It's definitely a mistake. If you follow the "more info & stock availability" link on the right side of the flyer page, the mouse turns out to be MA086LL/A (and the "web code" 10065653 matches the flyer page). MA086LL/A is the USB Mighty Mouse.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Phat_Pat said:
why the jacked up price then?
The Canadian list price for Mighty Mouse (at the Apple store) is $65.00 and they're selling it for $60. The $79.99 "regular price" advertised at Best Buy looks like their usual sleazy tactics to inflate the real discount.

You'll notice that they did the same thing with the Bluetooth keyboard. Best Buy have it on sale for $59.99, and claim a "regular price" of $79.99, but the regular price at the Apple Store for Canada is $69.00.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.