Best Buy - New MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by btdpi007, Mar 12, 2015.

1. btdpi007 macrumors member

I very recently bought a MBP 13 retina at Best Buy and low and behold a week later Apple announced new MBP. I'm getting pretty close to the return period expiring and was curious if anyone knew typically (i.e. in the past) how long it took a store like Best Buy to get the new product in stock.

Trying to decide whether to keep the one I got and perform a price match (the price has dropped dramatically since the announcement of the new MBP), return it and wait for Best Buy to get the new ones in stock, or if they may get them in soon so I could perform an exchange.

Thanks

-b

2. btdpi007 thread starter macrumors member

192 views and no comments ;)

I guess I'll answer my own question has it may possibly help someone else out. I saw on Best Buy's website that they new rMBP were available so I drove over after work, explained my situation to the rep, she brought me out a new rMBP, and when she rang it up it was accompanied with an "uh oh". It looks like the exclusivity period for Apple is till Sunday, so if you want a new rMBP I suspect before Sunday you need to go directly to Apple.

I wasn't particularly happy with the way BB handled it, so I returned everything and will buy elsewhere.

-b