Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
bousozoku said:
I was discussing with a friend that nationwide, we should all appear in Best Buy one day with $2 bills.
nationwide nothing. i think i know where i'll be going next week after i get some cash out of the bank. i just need to think of something that i want to buy first....any suggestions?

on a related note, you would think that with the preakness 15 minutes away, they would have heard of a $2 bill before....woe is baltimore.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
~loserman~ said:
When he sues them over this I wonder if Best Buy will pay him off with $2 bills?
If I was Best Buy I would make it a payoff in Nickels.
The trail begins at the Federal Reserve building in East Rutherford, N.J.. In mid-December, a large tractor-trailer is loaded up and heads south, bound for the Fed in New Orleans. Sealed in back of the truck is $180,000 worth of newly minted U.S. nickels. They are in 900 bags and weigh nearly 23 tons.

That's 3.6 million nickels — and soon they would just disappear.

"Somebody actually went out and stole 3.6 million nickels," says FBI spokeswoman Judy Orihuela. "I mean, who would ever think that would happen?"

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
nbs2 said:
nationwide nothing. i think i know where i'll be going next week after i get some cash out of the bank. i just need to think of something that i want to buy first....any suggestions?

on a related note, you would think that with the preakness 15 minutes away, they would have heard of a $2 bill before....woe is baltimore.

Well, it would certainly make a bigger impact if people all over the country were to participate.

Preakness or not, the $2 bill's on-again/off-again nature could pass some young people completely ignorant of its existance.

selloutvixen

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2003
Connecticut, USA
PlaceofDis said:
i would support that in a heartbeat, i really feel bad for that guy, that Best Buy should be sued, its legit money, and they couldnt make up their minds, and did infeior work

I didn't read the article, first off. Meh. Lazy.

Technically they're within their rights to choose to accept whatever currency they want. They also have the right to refuse service to anyone they want. You don't like it? Don't shop there.. or go and deposit your rolls of pennies and $2 bills into the bank and use your debit card.

All money should be electronic. Phase out that paper stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.