Best Buy not working out...other options?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by swimmerpro99, Mar 20, 2011.

1. swimmerpro99 macrumors newbie

We preordered an iPad(16gb Wi-fi Black) at a Bestbuy(SF Bay Area) the day they started preorders. We called today asking about it, and they said around 2 months. 2 months is much too long. Any other options at this point?

2. MarkG21 macrumors regular

3. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

Don't give up on your best buy preorder even if you place an order with apple.com: it could come in sooner.

4. xyz1534 macrumors regular

B&H, J&R...

B&H charges your credit card as soon as you place the order...

5. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Craigslist if you want instant gratification. Target if you're feeling lucky.

6. uruseiranma macrumors newbie

Well, waisting 6-8 hours in a line before an Apple Store opens is one.

Paying $1-400 more for the iPad2 you want on eBay is another.

Then again, you could be patient and order one from AppleStore Online and wait over a month for it.

7. jelsin macrumors newbie

i honestly feel the actual physical apple store is the best idea. today was my first and only day that i went out looking for an ipad 2. Store opened at around 9am (official opening time was 11 for the mall) and I got there at 1030am with not a single person in line. I walked up and asked if they had any ipad 2 and they said they still had a bunch of 32 and 64 gb black only wifi only. They said they had a pretty decent line before I showed up. I was in and out in 15 minutes. (by the way this was at arden fair mall in Sacramento, CA)

Im sure apple stores get most of the stock anyways and the most any best buy/target store will get will probably be 5-15 ipads.

hope this helps.