Resolved Best Buy Open Box Extra 10%

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jlc1978, Jan 4, 2014.

1. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

BB is offering an extra 10% off open box /clearance items through today. Not sure if it needs a coupon (I got one via email) but it's a good way to pickup an iPad at a discount.

I got an Air 128/Cellular (which seem to be hard to find, only 1 BB within 50 miles had an open box model) for nearly 200$ off; only downsides were:

1) No box - but everything was there except the Apple stickers and SIM card tool. Since I chuck boxes anyway it was no big deal for me given the savings.

2) Previous buyer had activated the cellular plan (which was still working) and try as I might I could not get the provider to turn it off. I didn't realize it until I saw I was getting emails with no WiFi connection. Not really an issue since I pulled the SIM card and went with T-Mobile but you'd think someone returning a device would remember to kill the data plan as well. According to the provider it was on auto renew as well.

2. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

3. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

they took the online option away

4. jlc1978 thread starter macrumors 68000

jlc1978

In store at least for open box items.

5. siroht macrumors member

Yes great deals are going on now at Best Buy with the additional 10% off. Yesterday I managed to snag a white/silver 16Gb wifi Air for $382 before taxes and today I lucked up on a rMini 16Gb wifi for $324 before taxes. I feel like it's Christmas all over again :)

Both iPads were in excellent (practically new) condition. I'm in Apple heaven after coming from a long journey from Win 8/Android world.

Apple has made great strides since I've been gone!!!

Enjoy