Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Herdfan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
I was in my local BB this morning getting a UPS and wondered over to the Apple section as I usually do. As I was walking out they had a table with some Open Box MBP's. They wanted $1025 for the base 13" MBP. Then there was a sign on the table to take an additional $125 off the Open Box Price.

My daughter has been asking for her own laptop for a year now, so I pulled the trigger and walked out with the MBP for $900. Not bad.

I think where BB, at least my BB, messed up is that they set the OB price based on what they sell it for ($1139) and not MSRP. They had two there and I picked the one with Lion pre-installed.

Plus add to this I got an additional $36 worth of Reward Zone points, I think I got a good deal.

Looks like this is a national promo so it should be good at any BB that sell Macs.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yes, BB does give a nice discount on open box items. If you can buy an OB item then that's where it is at. However, some don't want an OB Mac ... I dunno if I'd mind given the discount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.