iPad Best Buy Open Box iPad Air - $465

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hypobid, Nov 4, 2013.

1. hypobid macrumors newbie

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

$474 at Target any day of the week if you use a Target RedCARD to get the 5% discount. Plus no worries about what problem caused someone to return it to BestBuy.

Or if you have a DiscoverCard, go through ShopDiscover.com to get to Apple.com and buy with 5% cash back directly from Apple bringing you again to $474. I've done in-store pickup before, but it was a while ago so YMMV.

3. irnchriz macrumors 65816

irnchriz

4. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Agree with this. I went the Target route...

5. PLin macrumors 6502

If you don't already own the iWork and iLife apps, keep in mind that you might not get them if you buy an open box, because the original buyer probably claimed them already. The apps cost more than the $35 you'll save buying an open box.

That said, I already own all the apps. Since Best Buy's return policy is very lenient now, I did buy an open box and used Upromise 5% cashback and Citi Dividend 5% cashback for Q4 to buy an open box. The accessories were still wrapped in plastic, and I couldn't find anything wrong with the iPad. My final price will be about $417 plus tax. I also used my Reward Zone card, so I get Best Buy points too.

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Though I am guessing there are some totally fine returns, some will have an issue. For just a few dollars more, you get a brand new ONE OWNER (you) unit. Just my two cents worth.

7. zaxdude macrumors regular

I bought an open box iPad Air last night...used my Discover to get 5% back through ShopDiscover and they have the 5% bonus for online shopping. Net cost should be a little of 400 bux, plus I get RZ points.

The screen was practically perfect. It had the tiniest amount of light bleed above the home button. I didn't notice any yellowing on the screen either. No scratches at all anywhere. To me in this open box experience it was deal - especially since they did let me check it out before leaving the store.

I bought a mac mini recently open box. I went to pick it up and they gave me a brand new one. No lie. It was shrink wrapped on the outside and the mac mini itself on the inside had not been removed from it's wrapping. This isn't the first time this has happened to me on open box items either. Sometimes you get lucky.

8. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Also if you have amex, tweet: #amexbestbuy and you'll get one $25 statement credit when you spend over $250 at best buy, including online. They're also within their holiday returns period now, good til jan 15. So I got them to price match the 479 from Walmart, then I'll get 25 back once it posts. Whoop!

9. matneh macrumors regular

Be aware that Best Buy is using a return tracking system now (The Retail Equation http://www.theretailequation.com/), and as other people have noted, even though their return policy is more lenient, it is kind of a 1 strike and you're out system. I returned 1 Macbook Pro and I've already been told that my next return will be rejected.

In other words, don't buy from Best Buy unless you're absolutely positively sure you want to keep it.

10. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

You we're return warned, so it's not as if people are going to get ambushed when they buy from Best Buy. It's your next return that won't be accepted, but a friend or family member can return it no problem. ;)