best buy open box

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by caramellhoney, May 12, 2015.

1. caramellhoney macrumors 6502

caramellhoney

so when I see a macbook available at my local BB in the open box I can't purchase it. SO I guess you have to go in store? my only issue is that the open box always shows as available in my cart but when you check out its gone. does that mean its been purchased already in store or just not available online. the bb that always has them is about 40 mins away.

2. jev425 macrumors 6502

jev425

You could always call? If they have it they might even set it aside for you

3. nalbagli macrumors 6502

sorry where can I see if a store in NY has an open box one? I can't find any

4. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

This is because you have to go to the store for open-box deals. I've never been able to check out because of this:

----------

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...0318603516&rd=248&nrp=15&sp=rating&st=macbook

5. RetroGamer360 macrumors member

The same happened to me with the rMB I recently picked up. I was able to put it into my cart but it would be removed when I tried to check out. I went down to the store and was able to purchase. The good news is that the on-line open box price was $1,189 but with a little haggling I was able to get it down to $1,001 so it was definitely worth the trip for me. YMMV as I have learned that not all Best Buys are as flexible on price, particularly with Apple products.

6. tejeshwarsekhon macrumors newbie

Guys i am searching for open box macbook, But cant seem to find, i have tried in lots of cities (online). I know its very very hard to find open boxes as the availability of new one is low But still can someone tell me how to find one online as i do not live in US, i have to buy it online and get it delivered to my relatives in US..

7. Keene1bj macrumors newbie

As far as I know, open box item can't be delivered. You can buy them online but you then have to go and physically pick them up from the store.

8. tejeshwarsekhon macrumors newbie

Okk. Thanks for the info..