Best Buy or Amazon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BluAffiliate, Mar 11, 2012.

1. BluAffiliate macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    I have a ton of best buy gift cards and amazon credits and would prefer to buy it from these retailers if possible.
    Does anyone know when it becomes available from them?
    Cheers,

PS. This is obviously talking about the new ipad.

2. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

3. dread macrumors 6502a

It usually takes a while before amazon gets them. Best buy will have them immediately.

4. BluAffiliate thread starter macrumors regular

When is it going to be available?

5. doboy macrumors 68000

This Friday.

6. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

Best Buy should get it on launch day & amazon will probably not get the iPad ever. Only third party sellers will be selling it on amazon.

7. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah best buy would have them earlier, but if you want to avoid paying tax I would go with Amazon. (unless you live in one of the states that amazon charges tax in or you live in one of those states that doesn't have sales tax).

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

AFAIK, Amazon has never sold ipads themselves, the ones available are third party sellers. So you're right, it will be a while before they're available through Amazon.

Since www.bestbuy.com says right on the front page that it'll be available in stores March 16th, I suspect that is when it will be available. But I could be wrong, and maybe someone here knows something different than Best Buy's website says. ;)

9. BluAffiliate thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see a button for online purchase.. or am I just blind?

10. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I'm not sure you'll be able to buy it online from BestBuy on launch day. It might be a few days later. Besides, you wouldn't see an online order button yet unless they offer pre-orders.

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Best Buy FTW between these two. Amazon doesn't sell iPads itself, only 3rd parties who list on Amazon. That has the potential to get sketchy. So you are imminently safer buying from BB plus you'll get all those RZ points to boot.

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'd suspect the term "in stores" implies they will not accept online orders for/on launch day and they will be available only in stores. This is how Best Buy and Target handled it last year.

13. cpucrash0 macrumors regular

Amazon won't get the iPAD. They seem to not want to sell the iPAD because they want their Kindle Fire To sell. So Only Third Parties Will sell them and at a much Higher cost.

14. bkitchen0406 macrumors member

I prefer to do business with Amazon, but with best buy you have a chance to get it a lot sooner.

15. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

Not sure about Amazon, but Best Buy definitely will have them launch day.

If there are going to pre-orders, however, that is uncertain. I've called two Best Buys in my area twice each since Thursday and have pretty gotten almost the same answer every time: they haven't gotten anything regarding preorders. So, we'll see about that this week. Some people are actually getting their names taken down on a list in some places, though.

16. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

this is slightly off topic, and i apologize OP, but you may find this important :)

I'm considering buying the 16 GB from bestbuy in a few weeks (i have finals so my time is consumed), and well should we get warranty from apple or best buy or neither?

17. doboy macrumors 68000

Neither unless you have butterfingers. Use a credit card that extends your warranty for 1 additional year.

18. technosexual macrumors newbie

Amazon — no tax, but I would not deal with third party retailers.

I too want to save on tax, so I think I will wait until JR Electronics (New York Retailer) has them in stock to save on tax. It is not much in the scheme of things, but for the amount I would fork over in tax, I can get the next tier iPad.