Best Buy or Apple store for new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lestatt, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Lestatt macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    So this is my first post on the forums. I have been lurking around here for a of couple months trying to decide which size to get. I finally decided on the 15'. My new dilemma is where to buy it from. I know buying from an Apple store would be my best bet because I would be dealing directly with them, but Best Buy has that accident protection plan thing. From what I've read, the Apple Care doesn't cover physical damage caused by user if I am correct? Any threads I've found on this topic are way back from 08 so I would like some current info. Have any of you purchased your Mac through Best Buy along with the protection plan? Sorry for the long post, thanks for any advice.

2. Lestatt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the links, I apologize for my apparent lack of deep research.

3. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

If you are a student you should buy it from apple during their currently running back to school promotion. You get a discount on the computer for being a student and a free printer then a free iPod as part of the promotion.
    You can get accidental damage protection elsewhere besides best buy such as home owners insurance, your credit card possibly and squaretrade.

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

Best buy has a trade in program and the values for apple stuff are pretty good. Good for a next purchase

5. mansanas macrumors regular

amazon! no tax! especially if u live in california like me where tax is 10%!
    but if it bb or apple, i say apple store..

6. MikeinJapan macrumors regular

Lol I love the way people think 10% is high tax. its well over 20% in some EU countries. I think Norway is like 50% of something.

7. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

VAT is 25% in Norway. There is no country which charges 50% VAT or sales tax.