iPad Best Buy or Apple?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Primejimbo, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

so I have a lot of Best Buy gift cards and was going to use that to get my iPad. Would it be better to buy iTunes gift cards and order though Apple for my iPad? Or has best Buy have a pre-order or anything in the past?

Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

iTunes gift cards do not work for ordering iPads through Apple. Just to let you know (or maybe I misunderstood).

I would buy from BB if they have stock. You'll pay the same and you still have Apple's warranty.

3. wmitch macrumors regular

I buy from Best Buy because i've never run into a line on launch day and I get reward zone points which translate into free money.

I typically just avoid their geek squad stuff which seems pretty expensive.

4. Corey Gibson macrumors newbie

I would go to best buy. Trying to get anything done at Apple stores is a bit of a headache.

5. vanz macrumors newbie

buy at bestbuy, you can get rewardzone or elite whatever points. If you are an elite plus member you get 45 days return. Elite members get 30 days, and i think 15 days for the rest. Though I think apple store gives you 30 days return right?

Or buy at target, you get 5% off....if you are one of the lucky few to get one since target doesn't have a huge stock.

6. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

I might buy from Best Buy. I thought iTunes you an get anything from Apple (like a gift card). My thinking was order from Apple on line, but I can do the same with Best Buy too, just hope I am able too.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If BB has stock then BB to get rid of your cards. You'll get rewards points too boot. Problem is BB's launch stock is typically limited.

----------

Nope. ITunes cards are only good on the music, app, & Mac s/w stores. You need an Apple Store card for hardware -- online or retail store.

8. macred macrumors regular

The Best Buy stores in my area are very well run. Each have their advantages. The main drawback to the Apple store is people like to be seen in them so they're packed and noisy.

9. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

I hope I can just order from BB from their site. I know the stores normally don't have much, so I hope I can just order on line from them since I'll get free shipping.

10. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I am going with Best Buy for several reasons.
    1. Reward Zone points
    2. 45 day return policy
    3. 18 months no interest financing for any purchase $429 and above
    4. That's the only CC I have room on

11. Tzuten macrumors 6502

I'll always buy from Best Buy... As others said their rewards system is actually pretty good.

The return policy for me, up until recently was 60 days! It's now 45, but still pretty awesome for any impulse purchases I might make (rare, only have returned 1 time).

Best Buy also price matches in case another retailer (Walmart) wants to lower prices. I've never see Apple price match anything, but they do offer student and some discounts to various companies.

12. DaveOP macrumors 6502a

I'll be the odd man out, I go to the Apple Store because they tend to have multitudes larger stock, and seem much better about returns. I generally purchase AC+, and the Geek Squad staff do nothing but bash Apple service. For an iPad, I'll think twice, but when I purchased my 4S there, they told me that Apple Stores service was terrible and I would be much better purchasing their more expensive service plan, which at the time was not a swap but rather a repair, that could involve shipping a phone out.

I could care less about being seen at the store, I probably go there 2-3 times a month for various accessories and to play around with new products anyway.

13. zaxdude macrumors regular

Just be sure to keep in mind that with the recent RZ changes, you won't get any RZ points if you use the promo 18 months no interest financing. The other three reasons are good ones, tho! :)

You will only get points if you choose "standard credit financing", which would only be beneficial if you pay it in full after the charge hits the statement cycle.

Best Buy purchases using standard credit:
    Get 2.5 points for every $1 spent (that's 5% back) on qualifying Best Buy purchases on the card using standard credit.​

Best Buy purchases using promotional credit:
    Purchases made on your credit card using promotional credit do not qualify for points but will continue to count toward My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus status.​

14. Centris 650 macrumors 6502a

Centris 650

Is that 18 months only with the activation of a credit card?

15. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

No, the 18 month financing is available anytime when your purchase is above a certain amount. Sometimes, during holidays and big sales, the financing is even longer (24 months, for example).

-Blue

16. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Well doesn't that suck. Could just as easily buy at Walmart. Jerks.

17. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

At the time BestBuy will be open i will have my ipad from apple store

18. Lax1085 macrumors member

Anyone think best buy will price match Walmart? I mean they've mentioned they'll prove match anything but not sure because of an apple product.

19. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

If they can view the website, absolutely. They price matched my 4 a few weeks ago. $50 off and $50 iTunes gift card.

20. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

Not day one for sure, I got all my iPads at BestBuy at first day and never cheaper.

21. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

There wasn't anyone selling them cheaper on day 1 before, so I disagree. If they have it and you can produce the website they will match it. Besides, it's only $20.

22. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

If you know for sure, why are you asking?

23. iPad Air macrumors regular

Haha...ya, they really do. :D

----------

Ya, Target typically does not have hardly any stock at launch. I visited a Target early on iPad Mini launch day to grab one...there wasn't a single iPad Mini in that building.

----------

Yep. Best Buy opens at 10:00am...the Apple Store at 8:00am launch day. The reason all these tech retail stores open late: the tech geeks like to sleep in...oops, am I on MacRumors.com? :D

24. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

and? I don't care if I get mine on launch day. 1) I work and I am not wasting a vacation day on this. 2) I'm going to a concert anyways that night. I rather order it and have it shipped to me.