Best Buy pre-order appointment?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hoffmant, Jun 17, 2010.

1. hoffmant macrumors member

If you pre-ordered from Best Buy, have you gotten the phone call to set up your appointment for the 24th yet, or are you still waiting?

After trying to order online for 3 hours on Tuesday, I drove over to BB and walked in just as they were opening. I was able to get pre-order forms #1 & #2 (getting a phone for me & my wife). I was told they'd call to set up an appointment (which is what I was expecting), but haven't been called yet.

I've had some poor experiences with this store in the past, so I'm wondering how long I should wait for them to call me before calling them myself.

2. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

They will call you once they know for certain how many phones they are going to be getting in. I would imagine somewhere around 6/23.

3. 46Chromeboy macrumors newbie

I stopped at BB yesterday just to ask a few questions I forgot to ask when I preordered on Tuesday. I was told I would get a call on Wednesday or even Thursday for an appointment. They also told me they will NOT be opening early,and not to bother coming in without the appointment because they are giving the phones out strictly in order.

4. hoffmant thread starter macrumors member

Wow. I hate the idea of waiting until Wed. or Thurs. for confirmation. I have to assume, though, that they'll get at least 2 phones, so I should be safe.

Thanks for the responses.

5. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Yeah I think you are good. I am #37 but I think I should still be good. Common estimate is around 45 per store. But then again, nothing has been common so far regarding iPhone 4...

6. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I was #1 in the store for a white 32GB, so I'm not sure if they haven't called because they just haven't started calling people yet or if they haven't called because they're not going to have a phone to give me.

7. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I was given an appointment time when I went in to preorder Tuesday morning right after they opened. I am scheduled to pick up my iPhone at 10am (when the store opens) on 6/24. However, they also said they would call me if the store opens early that day (they weren't sure yet).

I'm still going to call or stop in the day before and confirm my appointment and see if I can find out how many phones they are getting in.

8. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

My friend is buying one from Best Buy and we are doing an upgrade swap. Best buy is telling him he will have to activate the phone at the store and then we will have take it to ATT to switch it. Does this sound right?

I don't know why we can't just do it in the store. Anyone else have any ideas?

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I was told to expect a call on tuesday or wednesday so that's what i'm waiting for.

10. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

I have since canceled my appointment cause I was finally able to order online, but they made mine right there in the store I was number 15 and 16

11. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

The Best Buy I reserved or whatever you wanna call it at told me that they weren't sure they would even be doing appointments. They were going to have an extra associate on board and what sounded like an extra line for those who put the $50 down.

I will be calling each and every day until the 24th to see if they have any changes in policy. They will be throwing my phone at me when I get there to stop the communication..heh.. In reality I am just excited to be a part of my first purchase of a product on launch day. Both the 3G and GS I bought a month or two after release.

5 hours early is when I plan on being there.

Blonde Buddhist

12. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

They already changed policy by not doing an appointment, which they're supposed to do. I'd call and complain! Haha.

13. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

HA! I already have my call of the day in. Just waiting to get called back... Yesterday they said they had around 20 pre-orders, and since BB stopped taking them, well yeah.

This is one of those times I am glad my city is under 75,000 people. I want to be a part of the launch experience, but I don't want to worry about getting mobbed. Managed Mayhem. Thats what I want. :)

Blonde Buddhist

14. myjay610 macrumors regular

Here's the latest from BB from last night...
    http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Mobile-Phones-Mobile-Broadband/iPhone-4-Pre-order-FAQ/td-p/117476

Seems that all BBs should be doing appointments. Also, I think if you ordered a white iPhone 4 you might be in for a surprise...I think very few if any white ones are going out. BB said you could pre-order a white one but that was before they had any idea what inventory they were getting (they still don't probably).

At any case, BB seems like a good spot, I got in there around 3:30PM and I was still pretty low on the list.

15. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Honestly, I don't think any of us are in for a surprise. I think most of us know we may/may not be getting our white iPhone on Thursday.

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Yeah. I think a surprise would be if they actually had some.