Best Buy pre-order appointments

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myjay610, Jun 22, 2010.

1. myjay610 macrumors regular

Any of the Best Buy pre-order folks get a call yet from their BB? Just trying to gauge when they will be doing this. I was 10 and 11 on the list at mine in the Baltimore area. I called yesterday and they still didn't have anything in.

2. JakeyBoy macrumors member

I too have yet to get my call. I'm number 16 in line. Called and they seemed to think they weren't gonna call til the day of the 24th. Which if that be the case, they're going to lose my money cause ill go stand in line if i don't get a confirmation. Can't believe how uninformed people are.

3. obsidian1200 macrumors 6502

obsidian1200

#2 on my store list...

I'm still waiting on my call, too. However, I've read that some Best Buys are throwing out the appointments because "we've ordered enough to fulfill all pre-orders."

That being said, I'd prefer just to have an appointment so I don't get stuck standing in line for something I pre-ordered a week ago :( Kind of the point of taking that other day-off...

4. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I called 7 times over the past 2 days before I got this answer: Best Buy won't make appointments until the store confirms shipment of inventory. I was told that won't happen until Thursday. (yikes!) I'm #26 on the list and the manager said I would likely get mine since they're a big store and get more than other local Best Buy stores.
    Last week I was happy not to deal with server crashing/order canceling with Apple, but now that iPhones are arriving a day early I'm a litte jealous. Oh well, as long I get mine on Thursday without too much hassle.

5. buc macrumors member

When i originally ordered the phone they set up an appointment for me...but it wasn't until 12:30 on Friday. I thought it was strange not to get it on thursday since i was #9 in line but no big deal.

They called me yesterday to say that i'd now be getting it on Thursday, but they will call on Thursday to schedule an appointment. Kind of annoying they are waiting until Thursday since I, you know, work for a living. Fortunately BB is right down the road from the office so again not really a big deal. They also "guaranteed" it for me on the phone...whatever that means. I took it as they know they'll have at least 9 32g phones...or maybe they just know they'll be getting well over 9 phones.

At any rate, been pretty happy so far with the experience. I walked in on pre-order day (big store in Chicago area) around noon and not a single person ahead of me to preorder. Was in and out in under 5 minutes and #9 in line. Beats the hell out of...the "hell" thousands of people apparently went through to get a pre-order (and many of those not being successful). Seen a lot of people ripping on BB in these forums but i'll take that experience over the AT&T/Apple preorder fiascos i've heard about for sure. Never would have even considered BB if not for the $200 in gift cards i had, now i'll probably stick with them from here on out.

6. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

7. nseverns macrumors newbie

No call from Best Buy

I preordered on the 15th and still have not gotten a call from BestBuy. The store here in Greenville, SC never received any iPhone on launch day and still has not. I'm 44th on the waiting list. So i decided to order from AT&T and see which one comes in first. My money is on AT&T. I hate apple has done this to Best Buy. :mad: