Best Buy pre-order for iPad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hface119, Oct 24, 2012.

1. hface119 macrumors member

Oct 24, 2012
    Does anyone know, from releases past, if Best buy does pre-orders? Haven't heard anything yet. I would normally only go through Apple but I've got a BB credit card itching to get used. If no pre-order, how has stock typically been on launch day? Sell out, or easy to pick one up?
  2. jm5309 macrumors regular

Apr 17, 2010
    I won't pre-order from Best Buy again after the iPad 2. I waited about six weeks for them to get more and finally just cancelled. I bought one in June of that year from Target. I have the Best Buy credit card too with all of that lovely no interest financing, and while it's tempting, I know better now if it's something I really want. It might be a great experience for you, but I won't do it again. I'll be ordering from apple. :)
  3. jcastillo20059 macrumors member

Jul 7, 2010
    I did it for the ipad 2 and ipad 3 depends on how much foot traffic the store gets but im pretty sure you will get one if you pre order early enough at BB I am going to preorder mine there, maybe its just my luck but I have never had a problem with their preorders although my friend who preordered his iphone 5 before me in the same line didn't get his and ended up doing the preorder on I do it for the rewards points, I have been a premium member for a couple of years now.
  4. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

Jun 14, 2010
    Read the Best Buy threads in the iPhone forum and then also read the iPhone 5 threads in the Best Buy forums.....then decide if you want to pre-order there. I would say no.
  5. abstern macrumors member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    The problem with Best Buy pre-orders is that the shipments they get from Apple are completely random, so they do not know what they are going to get. I pre-ordered a 32gb ATT Black iPhone from them, and I was #2 in line. That didn't come in stock until 3 weeks later. I ended up just doing the in-store pickup at the Apple store, and am using my $50 deposit in the form of a best buy gift card towards Assassins Creed 3. If you end up buying your case/extra cables from best buy, there's no harm pre-ordering since the deposit can just be used on other things if you can find an iPad mini somewhere else.
  6. hface119 thread starter macrumors member

Oct 24, 2012
    I was looking to get this as a Christmas present for my mother, so theres no real need to have it right away. I just want to make sure I am at least ordered as we all know how long Apple products can be out of stock once they sell out after launch. Does Best Buy do a formal preorder, or one of those things where you need to just go there and ask someone to do it?
  7. Yaceyoung macrumors newbie

Dec 19, 2012
    Do NOT I repeat do NOT pre-order from Best Buy! I ordered an iPad mini 16 gb in mid November and they told me 3-5 days and its freaking 4 days till Christmas and I still do not have it!!!! It wasn't even a Christmas present!!! Ugh!