Best Buy pre-order for iPad mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hface119, Oct 24, 2012.

1. hface119 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know, from releases past, if Best buy does pre-orders? Haven't heard anything yet. I would normally only go through Apple but I've got a BB credit card itching to get used. If no pre-order, how has stock typically been on launch day? Sell out, or easy to pick one up?

2. jm5309 macrumors regular

I won't pre-order from Best Buy again after the iPad 2. I waited about six weeks for them to get more and finally just cancelled. I bought one in June of that year from Target. I have the Best Buy credit card too with all of that lovely no interest financing, and while it's tempting, I know better now if it's something I really want. It might be a great experience for you, but I won't do it again. I'll be ordering from apple. :)

3. jcastillo20059 macrumors member

I did it for the ipad 2 and ipad 3 depends on how much foot traffic the store gets but im pretty sure you will get one if you pre order early enough at BB I am going to preorder mine there, maybe its just my luck but I have never had a problem with their preorders although my friend who preordered his iphone 5 before me in the same line didn't get his and ended up doing the preorder on apple.com I do it for the rewards points, I have been a premium member for a couple of years now.

4. emjaycee18 macrumors regular

Read the Best Buy threads in the iPhone forum and then also read the iPhone 5 threads in the Best Buy forums.....then decide if you want to pre-order there. I would say no.

5. abstern macrumors member

The problem with Best Buy pre-orders is that the shipments they get from Apple are completely random, so they do not know what they are going to get. I pre-ordered a 32gb ATT Black iPhone from them, and I was #2 in line. That didn't come in stock until 3 weeks later. I ended up just doing the in-store pickup at the Apple store, and am using my $50 deposit in the form of a best buy gift card towards Assassins Creed 3. If you end up buying your case/extra cables from best buy, there's no harm pre-ordering since the deposit can just be used on other things if you can find an iPad mini somewhere else.

6. hface119 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was looking to get this as a Christmas present for my mother, so theres no real need to have it right away. I just want to make sure I am at least ordered as we all know how long Apple products can be out of stock once they sell out after launch. Does Best Buy do a formal preorder, or one of those things where you need to just go there and ask someone to do it?

7. Yaceyoung macrumors newbie

Do NOT I repeat do NOT pre-order from Best Buy! I ordered an iPad mini 16 gb in mid November and they told me 3-5 days and its freaking 4 days till Christmas and I still do not have it!!!! It wasn't even a Christmas present!!! Ugh!