Best Buy Pre-Order Quantity

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Aelton, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Aelton macrumors regular

So supposedly Best Buy has ordered enough phones from Apple to cover their pre-orders, but the question is what Apple will deliver on. I have been trying to get info from the Best Buy I ordered from but am not getting anything.

Anyone been told anything?

2. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

there is no way for your best buy to know until they get them. Since the phones will be coming straight from apple to each store some may get what they ordered and others may get nothing at all.

3. hancock macrumors member

I have read that BB will have from 10-40 on launch day, but who really knows :confused:

4. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

dont get your hopes up... its out of best buys hands now

5. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

Each Best Buy is gonna be allotted a certain amount based on location and sales rank in the company. This is the way it goes. They won't send 100 iPhones to Cheyenne, Wyoming and only 25 to Phoenix, you know?

Again, from my experience working at BB, they won't get their shipment in until Wednesday... most likely late afternoon, if not even that evening. However, they SHOULD know the amount their getting before then. But not until Monday or Tuesday, I'd imagine.

Anything you've heard from a Best Buy employee prior to today or until mid next week is just pure speculation.

6. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I have read 30-45 as well but now that all hell has broken loose as a result of the crazy number of preorders who knows what's going to happen. All official channels are being very conservative with information and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything at least semi-official recently.

7. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

The only semi-official news will be mid next week at the earliest. You can place all bets on that.

8. Aelton thread starter macrumors regular

9. Tsquare macrumors member

I stopped by my Best Buy where I pre ordered from today just to chat. I am 15th in line. We talked and he said they are supposed to get over 60 total, but also said he did not know what was really going to happen, but felt pretty confident that sitting 15th I was going to get my phone on launch day. He said they will call me on the 23rd to set-up appointment and find out what I want. This worried me a bit until he explained they will have accessory bundles such as car charger, screen protectors, cases, etc...

10. Savor Suspended

Savor

I got a preorder on the 15th when the store opened a few minutes before 10am. My original goal was getting one at The Shack, but didn't like the idea of them being called requests and the potential of having a more limited stock. I just don't trust RS as much as BB. When I arrived after dropping by two RS's, I already saw a line at BB. Then I paid the $50 and was out the door about 25 min later. I called them yesterday to know what number I am on the list. I am #11, so I like my chances I'll be getting a black 32 GB on launch day. We'll see though. Nothing is set in stone. As long as this BB gets 11 iPhones, I should be set. I'll keep it naked but will probably get a black bumper and holster for it eventually.

Best Buy
    Cerritos, CA