Best Buy Pre-Order Stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hancock, Jun 16, 2010.

1. hancock macrumors member

I just called the Best Buy which I pre-ordered at yesterday and found out I was 7th in line. Has anyone read or heard how many phones BB is expecting to have on the first day. Will I get my iPhone the first day??

2. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I've read and heard multiple times that Best Buy should be getting about 45 phones per store. As long as you preordered a black one, Im pretty sure you'll get yours the release day.

3. hcho3 macrumors 68030

If you ordered black one, you are good. Also, it depends on what capacity of iphone you ordered. If ordered 16GB, then there is a risk of not getting on day one. If it is 32GB, you are most likely going to get it.

4. hancock thread starter macrumors member

I ordered the black 32 gb, thanks alot, Great News

5. Martinsalas310 macrumors regular

i also pre ordered in bestbuy but me being an ex employee know we do get at least around 10 phones and when people have preordered them we dont usually put em in line just depends on what customer u want to have it 1st..lol
    then call them in that order..so i preordered the white 32 gig but if they dont come out in time im getting a 32 gig black instead either way but the white iphone 4 preorder went through tho:confused:
    hopefully i get white;)

6. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I've got lucky #13... hoping for day one!! :D

Edit to add they cancelled my white pre order and said none until August.

7. substeel macrumors member

How do you know what number you are? Is it not first in line at the pre order queue?

8. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Some places tell you or write your number on the paper. I was nervous that the guy didn't put #1 on mine and he assured me they would be in order.

9. DanteDrac macrumors newbie

Bestbuy calls the preorder list in order and will set up a scheduled time slot for you to come in and activate your phone on the 24th.

They have done this for EVERY other phone launch for a very long time.

10. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

This is what they told me also. I've tried to figure out how many they're getting in but they seem to have no idea.

11. hancock thread starter macrumors member

I pre-ordered over the phone yesterday than called today and found out that I was #7 on their list:)

12. substeel macrumors member

This is just not true. The only phone Best Buy has had on launch day is the 3gs. They did not start carrying the iphone until September 2008.

13. RC83 macrumors 6502

I saw the binder of pre orders when I went in a picked up my $50 card... It had #4 on the top left of mine... The guy said they were getting about 20 of each color... :confused: and he almost guarantees me to get it first shipment.

14. stevenisHAUNTED macrumors regular

Are you sure they aren't talking about OTHER phones besides the iPhone line? ;)