Best Buy Pre-Orders - Has Yours Shipped Yet?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Rapmastac1, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

How many people got the touch via pre-order from Best Buy? I had my original bid in for an 8gig the day after the announcement and then I switched to the 16gig about a week ago. It said it was backordered and would be shipped by the 3rd of Oct. Then it got an update and says it was still backordered but from the date of the 14th and it would be here on the 5th of Oct.

Well this morning I got the email with my tracking number that it had shipped to UPS. I chose Next Day Air for only 11.00, and I just checked and they had finally scanned the package and it's on the plane coming to the SLC (Salt Lake City) right now. Do you think I will have it tomorrow afternoon or not? The latest I am expecting is Friday (tomorrow is Wed). Thursday if anything

- Does Best Buy require signatures via UPS on packages like this? As I'm not home during the day. I had ordered a Palm T/X and didn't need a sig so I would suspect the same.

So whose touch is shipping from Best Buy and to where. Post up when you actually get it to tell if it has any issues...

2. BennyK macrumors 6502

Sounds like you will get it tomorrow (wednesday). No idea if you have to sign for it, it is an option the shipper can add if they want. I would guess you would need to sign for it,

3. Rapmastac1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Hmm. I hope not. But yes, it will be here today. My package arrived in Salt Lake City at 4.30 this morning, so hopefully it will be here before noon! I can't wait! If I do get it, I'll be one of the first pre-orders recieved.

4. Kmlwx macrumors member

So here's what I'm trying to decide. Apple is slowww shipping my stuff so shoudl I just cancel and go with Best Buy? Plus, Apple refuses to upgrade me to overnight shipping when I can just select that with Best Buy - Now at Best buy it says Backordered but still, should I cancel my Apple order and switch?

5. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

I don't know...you may end up at the end of a new queue and have to wait even longer...I would just stay put if I were you...

6. Rapmastac1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

My friend just ordered from Best Buy a couple days ago and his iPod came on the same plane that mine did overnight, but his got stuck in KY. But I now have mine! One of the first pre-orders to be delivered!

7. Kmlwx macrumors member

So do you think I should cancel my Apple order and go with Best Buy. My only concern is like m-dogg said, I don't want to get bumped further down the queue.

8. fishcube macrumors 6502

I'm also debating ordering from Bestbuy. I really want to get one before Oct 5th. Just not sure if it will ship soon enough if I order Fri/Sat. I will be paying for overnight.

SK