Best Buy Pre-orders

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I ordered the 12.9 and then canceled and ordered the 11" instead. I have a 15" MacBook Pro so I'm thinking the 12.9 may be too redundant. Thinking the 11 is a nice "in between" my iPhone XS Max and the MacBook Pro.

Reactions: Porterhouse

LS3 POWER

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I actually canceled my order through Apple and just ordered through Best Buy, that way I get the points lol. November 7th date still as well, like it was going to be through Apple

Reactions: yaboid01

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
I actually canceled my order through Apple and just ordered through Best Buy, that way I get the points lol. November 7th date still as well, like it was going to be through Apple
Only difference is with apple I would get the education discount(50 bucks off) while best buy doesn't offer that. Still hoping they release some best buy college coupons for this month that can be used on this order

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Wonder why they don’t have cellular, I’d also love the points towards my RZ Elite status, but really need the cellular version.

Infiniteconstancy

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2017
Wonder why they don’t have cellular, I’d also love the points towards my RZ Elite status, but really need the cellular version.
Debated this but have a personal hotspot for work so didn’t need the cell. Already paying the cell service for my watch. Toooo much haha
[doublepost=1540952305][/doublepost]And got double points with my Amex Platinum.

Reactions: jjk454ss

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
I ended up ordering from apple because of this. Wanted to use my points but I guess I can use them for the pencil.

Reactions: jjk454ss

broodbozo

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Ordered two 11" from BB. I kept going back and forth getting a 12.9" this time around, but couldn't pull the trigger. :p It's been 4 years with the iPad Air 2, and it's been a lovely device. And the iPad 4 before it. A lot of good memories. :D

Reactions: Two Stacks

BaddAdvice

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2016
I’ve never preordered from BB - are they usually pretty reliable about having stock on launch day? I’m contemplating cancelling my order with Apple since I’ll be traveling next week and will be near a few BBs on my trip.

Reactions: Porterhouse

Ethan Coohill

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2015
Denver
I placed an order through Apple because of education pricing. Got an 11” 256gb for $899. November 16-21 delivery.

Hopefully on release day Best Buy has stock. I’d they do, I’ll go in and price match with apples studnet deal and return my purchase from Apple.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
I’ve never preordered from BB - are they usually pretty reliable about having stock on launch day? I’m contemplating cancelling my order with Apple since I’ll be traveling next week and will be near a few BBs on my trip.
They are VERY reliable. If it says you will get it on November 7th you will get it on November 7th..all you have to be aware of is what shipping method they use. I know for my MacBook pro I had it shipped ontrac. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS..one got lost then found, two were left on my doorstep without signature even though one is required, and one of the boxes looked tampered with. Just cross your fingers for fed ex or UPS :)

Reactions: BrianSoCal

LS3 POWER

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
They are VERY reliable. If it says you will get it on November 7th you will get it on November 7th..all you have to be aware of is what shipping method they use. I know for my MacBook pro I had it shipped ontrac. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS..one got lost then found, two were left on my doorstep without signature even though one is required, and one of the boxes looked tampered with. Just cross your fingers for fed ex or UPS :)
I figured Id skip all the potential issues and set mine for in store pick up on the 7th, this way that morning I can get it and I do not have to wait for whichever carrier to deliver at 6 at night lol.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
I figured Id skip all the potential issues and set mine for in store pick up on the 7th, this way that morning I can get it and I do not have to wait for whichever carrier to deliver at 6 at night lol.
Good idea..that way you can see if you are happy with the sealed box, etc before leaving the store

Reactions: LS3 POWER

BaddAdvice

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2016
Well, it appears that the pencil and keyboard are now only available for shipping rather than in-store pick-up, at least at the locations I was looking at... so, I’ll just keep my order with Apple and hope that all three show up on 11/7.

Reactions: BrianSoCal

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
Is Best Buy just as good about returns or exchanges as Apple. I’m leaning toward the 11 but might want to switch to the 12.9 once I play with it in the store.

rui no onna

macrumors 604
Oct 25, 2013
Is Best Buy just as good about returns or exchanges as Apple. I’m leaning toward the 11 but might want to switch to the 12.9 once I play with it in the store.
I think Apple might be more lenient. Also, since Apple is the manufacturer, I'm more comfortable returning to them since they should be the ones guaranteeing the quality of their products.

lakerchick4life

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2007
Ive returned three MacBook pro's to them no questions asked..it was not my fault though, it was the fault of ontrac the delivery service but yes best buy is great for returns/exchanges..if you are an elite member, its 30 days

BrianSoCal

macrumors 6502
Oct 16, 2011
Houston, TX
I’ve been an Elite for years, made a few exhchanges (not returns) and low and behold was told that the 3rd party company they use said I couldn’t return anything for a year. I guess my mistake was returning an item, then buying a different one (in most cases I spent more money) is frowned upon.