Best Buy PreOrders Pushed Back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MKang25, Jun 16, 2010.

1. MKang25 macrumors regular

I just called to confirm what # in the pre order line I was and they told me 24 then i asked if they knew how many iPhones they were getting and they said that they are no longer getting it in June, but in July now because of the shortages Apple and ATT have, stores like Walmart, RadioShack, BB had their stock cut for launch day.

2. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

if this is true then I am really glad that I was able to gothorugh apple in the long run, go cancel that preorder tomorrow.

3. tm1000 macrumors member

I tend to think that stealing inventory to make up for storages Apple and ATT are facing would just anger third party stores.

Also most best buy people don't know whats going on because Apple doesn't communicate anything to them, see the pre-order debacle, they basically stopped accepting pre-orders when they "found out" (not told) that apple stopped accepting pre-orders.

4. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

You must have asked for a white one.

6. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

I will rain hell on my local Best Buy if that were to happen. omg.

7. stevenisHAUNTED macrumors member

I hope I get mine on the 24th but I doubt it. This sucks. :(

8. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

In my experience, most Best Buy employees aren't exactly the most accurate source of correct information.

I'd take this with a grain of salt.

Apple wouldn't allow Best Buy to accept pre-orders / reservations if they weren't going to be getting the phones in on the 24th.

Will their numbers be limited? Yes. But then again, they probably always were going to be limited.

Wait until next week... like... Wednesday afternoon... and see what they have to say. They won't be getting in their stock of phones until then at the earliest anyway.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Apple should allow some of their stock for the retail stores to be distributed among AT&T and third party stores, or at least the AT&T stores, especially in cities where there are no local Apple stores.

It amazes me how cities with only AT&T stores only get a few dozen phones.

10. MKang25 thread starter macrumors regular

Nope Black

11. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I don't buy it. You would have a lot of pissed off people. I can understand LIMITED supply per store, but no stock period - no. Would never fly.

12. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

And if it was true, I am sure Best Buy, Walmart, Radio Shack etc would be making announcements. THEY arent Apple.

I am sure these places have signed documents with Apple concerning the inventory. Money is Money for Apple. Taking phones from one store to sell them in another makes no sense. Certainly not enough sense to piss the amount people off it would.

Blonde Buddhist

13. carlili4190 macrumors regular

Legit source? Has Apple announced anything like this? Stop posting things that no one has any idea about let alone teenagers who work at Best Buy

14. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I've read dozens of "Best Buy" employee said this on here. Not once have any of them been the same. I don't believe it and I'll wait to see what happens.

15. RC83 macrumors 6502

if anything, the person was confused and probably talking about the white one.

16. Sedin macrumors member

I just got off the phone with the Mobile guy at my Best Buy. I was in a panic because frankly my Edge is about to crap out on me. And he assured me that everyone that pre-ordered yesterday would be getting theirs on the 24th. They just couldn't take anymore pre-orders. He also told me that I'd be getting a call to set up my appointment about 2 days before launch. But he was very helpful and sure about the fact that I will get my phone on launch.

17. RC83 macrumors 6502

good to hear man :eek:

18. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

I think the only way this would be true is if all of a sudden Apple realized there was a problem with the production of ALL iPhone4s and could only crank out a small amount of "fixed" ones before the 24th. In other words, I don't believe it.

19. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

same here sir

Blonde Buddhist

20. goldenaustin macrumors member

When I preordered mine at BB, the workers there kept repeating that there is no guarantee that they will be available on the 24th since Apple has not yet communicated anything to them. So at least the folks who preordered at the BB I went to should not have any reason to be pissed because they were given fair warning. Now if other BBs didn't give this same warning to their customers then yeah I would not be happy if it ends up not happening on the 24th.

With that said, I also have an AT&T preorder and an Apple reservation to try to cover my bases for the worse case scenarios. Even then, like many, I'm still unsure I'll have an iPhone 4 in my possession come launch day.