Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iKidWare

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Anyone heard if best buy will take per orders, they finally updated there site but still no pre order option. Also called and operator said to go in store and see. I will head there tomorrow...

xTRIGGER092x

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
I called today, too; I was told that there probably would be pre-orders, but the employees had yet to receive anything official stating so. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

iKidWare

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Ok thanks, has anyone bought an iPad on release day through best buy? How was it? Limited quanititys? Per orders?

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
Quantities will vary depending on stores. Stock will be limited against demand. Some store ticket like on Black Friday, some take preorders. Some do both. Check with your store at the beginning of the week to see which process they'll use.

Nychot

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
Ok thanks, has anyone bought an iPad on release day through best buy? How was it? Limited quanititys? Per orders?

i did last march 11. my bb store set up a line inside a section of the store. i got there at 3pm and was about 25th in line. by 5pm there was more than 100. they had 10 of each model, so 10 white 16gb, 10 black 16 gb and so on. i got a 16gb white wifi. just sold it for $415 and will by the new iPad at bb. called my store tonight and they said they will have more info on pre order etc probably this weekend.

rm2092

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2008
I gave up on Best Buy's pre order and just got it from Apple with there 6 month interest free Visa.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I prefer to go with BB and get the purchase points plus I can use some gift cards. Last year there was no preorder from Apple so you had to wait in line. With the Apple preorder this year I expect there will be less pressure at the stores so lines may not be as bad. At least I hope so. I don't expect BB to let you preorder but if they run out of stock (and I expect them to have lots) they probably will give you a reserve rain check on the next ones in. That's what they usually do. As I recall they didn't have any until the Friday release day and then the truck came in in the afternoon and again on Saturday

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I don't expect BB to let you preorder but if they run out of stock (and I expect them to have lots) they probably will give you a reserve rain check on the next ones in. That's what they usually do. As I recall they didn't have any until the Friday release day and then the truck came in in the afternoon and again on Saturday

That reserve rain check means nothing. They'll happily sell yours to a walk-in customer. Best Buy sucks at apple launches. At least mine does.

mlynchmob16

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2010
Dublin, OH
I went to Best Buy today and talked to some people I know that work there, and they said that they will do preorders. They are waiting on permission from Apple to allow them to take preorders. They estimated early next week that they would start preorders, but I assume that was a partial guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.