Best Buy Preorders

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Cnasty, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Cnasty macrumors 68040

Cnasty

I like to go through BB to get the points as well as the flexibility for the financing for my other large purchases (XB1 X, Nintendo Switch, etc).

I've never pre-ordered an Apple product though so I assume its going to be a looooooong wait :)

Anyone else go through BB?

2. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

I did. The silver was already delayed in the Apple Store, so I ordered the silver on BBY. Turns out my card was declined for fraud protection on the Apple store since I placed an order there for the SG (to see which one I liked better) :(

I'm not sure if taking care of the issue will put me back in the same place, so I just cancelled the Apple store order. Here's to hoping BBY doesn't fark up orders like the S1/S2 last year.

3. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68040

Cnasty

Uh oh, I didn't know much about this.

I went BB over Apple for the financing flexibility and the points. I don't mind waiting a couple weeks but may get antsy after week 2 or 3.

4. ET3SW macrumors regular

I went through BB recently with another pre-order and it was the worst experience ever. They completely botched the pre-order process for many people. But your mileage may vary (And hopefully will)

5. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68040

Cnasty

Fingers crossed.

It worked great with my Switch order but small sample size.

6. ZipZap macrumors 603

Its hit or miss.
    If you ordered for delivery, you will not get it by Friday. Hopefully by mon/tue.
    If you order with store pickup you might get it on Friday if enough units are distributed to the stores.

Best Buy has an independent supply chain with Apple so its likely they will be in the stores on Friday for Pre-orders.

7. dcpmark macrumors 6502a

I preordered a silver aluminum today, and got the same delivery date as Apple: 10/13

8. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68040

Cnasty

Got the 42mm SS w/Milanese

Got the same date.

Seems my Best Buy credit card will expire before shipping. Not sure how to fix that so the adventure begins!

9. Cnasty thread starter macrumors 68040

Cnasty

FYI for any other BB pre-order buddies, just got this email.

Fri., September 15
    Pre-Order Update
    Release date changed to 09/22/2017.