Best Buy Product Replacement Plan

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by kream314, Jan 3, 2008.

1. kream314 macrumors newbie

I brought a xbox 360 in october. i also got the best buy product replacement plan because i know what could happen to it. now my xbox wont load certain games. i know that it isnt the games because i replaced it once already. now i think i want a PS3. do they give me a gift card or will the only let me get a xbox.

2. ZachsMacDaddy macrumors 6502

ZachsMacDaddy

I've been told for items like that you may be instructed to take it to a store and they will pull up the contract info on-site and give you a new unit.

I sure hope it works that smooth. I had a BB service plan for my big screen and they kept telling me that if the "next" service attempt failed I would get a new TV. 5 months later and several attempts they got it fixed, kind of. They replaced all but 1 internal piece I believe and while they got it working, it has never been as good as it was new, but it went out of contract before acting up again.

I have bought replacement plans for things like Xbox, but never had to use them. I may never do them again, at least with BB.

3. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I believe with REPLACEMENT plans, you call the number, send it in to them, and they send you a gift card for the amount you paid for it for you to buy whatever you want. That's the way it's worked with various other smaller products I've done this with (mice, etc.)

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

5. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

As many previous posters said, you can probably pay the difference to get a higher priced other product.

6. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

You can report online, but it's much better to go to the store and get it replaced right away (if they have it in stock). Going online is quite impersonal and requires more steps than necessary to get the job done. We get 360's returned and replaced everyday at BB. They'll first check to see if it's a user problem and if it's not then it's swapped out. Just make sure you have all the cables, hard drive, etc that came with the 360. Also take whatever data off your existing 360 hard drive because that has to be replaced as well (if you got the one w/ the HD). If you want, you can call the store and see if they have your kind of 360 in stock.

Another thing the PRP can do is give you store credit and allow you to trade your 360 for a Wii or a PS3 (lol). Whatever works for ya. :)

7. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

Most of the time they'll just swap the hard disks between the two units, or thats how they did it when I worked for BB.