best buy repair...bs?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Tim018, May 26, 2010.

1. Tim018 macrumors regular

so heres the deal. i took my ipod touch (1st gen) for repair for dead pixles, wonky headphone jack, and battery life. i purchased the best buy warranty so that they would fix it when this happened. my brother took his in (same issues) and they replaced his on the spot with a brand new 3rd gen. mine however, they sent in for "service"

-on the bright side they fixed the screen/headphone/ and the battery seems to work better
    -however: they completely etched off the apple logo and the 32gb off the back and it is blank (they shined it, but defaced the branding in the process)
    -the button is all messed up, it still works but it feels very gummy, not like the good click i used to get
    -and the black bezel that the 1st gens had has been painted on with flat black paint and has many imperfections, including scratches that have been covered up that weren't there before. literally, it feels like modeling paint, not the same stuff apple used to color it black

the geek squad guy at the store basiscally passed it off as normal and not to worry about it. i paid 400 bucks for the ipod and like 50 or 80 for the warranty. should i go back to the store and demand better service or should i just let it go?

2. rjenovai macrumors member

If you are not happy with the service, take it back. If they don't respond at the store level, work up the escalation chain. Let them know all of the things that are different from when you brought it in. Good luck!

3. slomifier macrumors regular

^^^^
    About all you can do. Best Buy messed up a 150$ keyboard of mine, and refused to admit it, so I took it to the Canada headoffice, and they freaked out and fixed it for me for free XD

Good Luck

4. tigres macrumors 68040

tigres

I would never take anything to BB for repair- EVER.

5. El Cabong macrumors 6502a

Tell them your product was damaged in the repair process and see if you can swap it for a new one.

Best Buy [anything] = B.S.