Best Buy Reservations: Share your experience

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by urkel, Sep 12, 2014.

1. urkel macrumors 68030

If anyone does a Best Buy reservation then can you share how their process works this year?

BB tends to screw things up every year but in their defense they do get "less wrong" every year. So if you have an update on how things go this year then please share it. I'm on the west coast and deciding between waiting outside Best Buy and taking a 10A appointment at my carrier (which is already at 4-6wks online).

2. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

FAQ for iPhone 6 says no preorders for plus version. For the 5s I did a preorder. Basically purchased a 50$ GC and used that to preorder and they called me about 3 days after launch to pick up the phone.

Seems to be the same for this year except the plus isn't an option to preorder

3. urkel thread starter macrumors 68030

I was wondering what the BB site was trying to say. On the website it says "Preorder In Store" for the iPhone 6 and "Coming Soon" on the 6 plus.

So, it is entirely possible that the preorders are ONLY for the 6. BUT I've ordered for several years from them and it's literally just a waiting list. So it doesn't make sense to say to plus users "we can't write your name down this year".

4. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Given the 6 is still open for pre orders to be delivered on the 19th from Apple, Best Buy is likey to not get many pluses in. Better no reservation, over angry pre order customers waiting weeks with no real information regarding wait times.

5. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Bad part about BBY preorders is you have no guarantee you get one on launch day. It just means you will get one "at some point".

6. cwerdna macrumors 6502

Mine went ok. I went w/them because Walmart won't allow preorders of anything above 16 gigs (not enough for me, I have a 32 gig iPhone 5 that is almost full) and I figure I could at least get Shopkick points and Best Buy Rewards points due to them instead of going straight to Apple or AT&T.

Took the clerk a little while to get thru all the stuff she had to do on her computers. I had to go to one of their small Mobile stores since their larger store was already closed (was busy this evening).

Too bad you couldn't order from one store (that was on the way to where I had to go to dinner) for pickup at another more convenient store. Two other physical Best Buy would've gotten my business.

They required a $50 deposit which was put on a BB gift card.

There seems to be no guarantee as to when we'll get the phone.