Best Buy return policy Question...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by brendu, Oct 18, 2010.

1. brendu macrumors 68020

My smartphone broke the other day and black tie will take a few weeks to get a new one to me. So now im very tempted to try using an iPod Touch as my phone, using some of the strategies well known around these forums, and the article on gizmodo today reminded me of how easy it is (if you can live with the difficulties)...

The question is... If I buy an iPod touch now, can I return it anytime in the next 30 days to best buy (i.e. when I get my new phone from black tie)... even if nothing is wrong with it, I just say I dont really want it?

2. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

EDIT: Just bought a 32gig iPod touch and I will be doing a 3 week test on using it at my phone. I will be making a thread about it in the ipod touch forums shortly...

3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

so what is their policy. i can't see anyone taking it back for refund or full credit if it has been visually used.

4. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

You'll be charged a restocking fee. It's usually 15% on most opened merchandise, although it may be 10% on Apple products (to match Apple's policy).

edit: this policy is usually explained on the back of the receipt

5. obey908 macrumors 6502a

6. brendu thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah 30 days no restocking fee.. although after using the iPod touch as a phone for a liittle while, its pretty obvious this really isnt worth cancelling my phone bill. If someone were really strapped for cash maybe, and it does work. but being limited to wifi just wont cut it unfortunately. I might keep messing for a few weeks anyway just to see if I can learn to deal...

7. SidBala macrumors 6502a

No fees, 30 days.

For computers, it's 14 days though.