Best Buy S4 preorder

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
So i’m guessing my “we’ll ship by Friday the 21” means I won’t actually get it until after the 21st? Unless they overnight it I guess.

Anyway my shipping still says it has n ot shipped

tobyringle69

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2015
In the same boat. After talking with a couple different BB reps, it does not appear they have any certainty as to when it will actually arrive. A little frustrating.

StarShot

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2014
Haven't a clue as to how Best Buy preorders work. I ordered mine on Apple's website and go an email this morning that said it had left Hong Kong and would be delivered on Friday (21st).

Good Luck

Jeremy3292

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2012
I'm pretty certain only Apple DELIVERS on the release date for products. Retailers receive product and SHIP on release date.

StarShot

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2014
I'm pretty certain only Apple DELIVERS on the release date for products. Retailers receive product and SHIP on release date.
Just to clarify your comment, I know ATT delivers on opening day if the order was placed early enough. For several years, I got my iPhone from ATT because I couln't get on the Apple site. This year it was reversed and I got on the Apple at the "witching hour", but wasn't able to get on the ATT site at least for 15 minutes after preorder opened. After that, I didn't try ATT again.

Jeremy3292

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2012
Just to clarify your comment, I know ATT delivers on opening day if the order was placed early enough. For several years, I got my iPhone from ATT because I couln't get on the Apple site. This year it was reversed and I got on the Apple at the "witching hour", but wasn't able to get on the ATT site at least for 15 minutes after preorder opened. After that, I didn't try ATT again.
Yes, I was specifically referring to Apple Watches. iPhones you are correct. I have received new iPhones from Verizon via FedEx on release day before.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
Phone's are received ahead of time and have been in bed with manufacturers for a while. Apple watch is an accessory device (although LTE now has monthly payment options), but they will receive the device from apple and then ship it afterward, I'd expect 2-4 day delay (although I've never preordered from them in the past). Not a big deal imo, but it's an alternative for other reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.