Best Buy sale on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Star Destroyer, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Hey everyone, i saw this today i think it starts this week (in Canada i know, not sure about the states).

The iPod Touch is going on sale, the 16GB model is 50$ off, and comes with the free january update, and the 8GB model is 40$ and comes with the update.

This has me all confused cause i wanted to wait for the SDK and get the speculated 100$ off, but nooooowwww i can get it a couple weeks earlier with 50$ off, and the 100$ drop might not even happen..

Is best buy a good place to buy a Touch from? or will they have old products with some of the launch problems?

Thanks, i hope this perhaps helped some people who were on the fence and waiting for the mysterious price drop, it might not happen but this is certain! and its 50$!

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

that's pretty cool-- best buy is fine to buy from, although their service in my area is serious lacking!

3. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

That's not quite as good as the deal I got on my new iPod Touch (16GB = $279), but that was at CompUSA as they were shutting down. I do have to wonder about that discount and if they got approval from Apple (resellers aren't allowed to advertise prices more than a small margin lower than Apple's own, usually only about $5). Either way though, sounds like a good deal, and I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble from Best Buy. Just don't buy any warranty they offer, get AppleCare instead.

jW