Best Buy sale on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Star Destroyer, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Star Destroyer macrumors 6502

Jun 15, 2006
    Hey everyone, i saw this today i think it starts this week (in Canada i know, not sure about the states).

The iPod Touch is going on sale, the 16GB model is 50$ off, and comes with the free january update, and the 8GB model is 40$ and comes with the update.

This has me all confused cause i wanted to wait for the SDK and get the speculated 100$ off, but nooooowwww i can get it a couple weeks earlier with 50$ off, and the 100$ drop might not even happen..

Is best buy a good place to buy a Touch from? or will they have old products with some of the launch problems?

Thanks, i hope this perhaps helped some people who were on the fence and waiting for the mysterious price drop, it might not happen but this is certain! and its 50$!
  2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2008
    that's pretty cool-- best buy is fine to buy from, although their service in my area is serious lacking!
  3. Mal macrumors 603

Jan 6, 2002
    That's not quite as good as the deal I got on my new iPod Touch (16GB = $279), but that was at CompUSA as they were shutting down. I do have to wonder about that discount and if they got approval from Apple (resellers aren't allowed to advertise prices more than a small margin lower than Apple's own, usually only about $5). Either way though, sounds like a good deal, and I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble from Best Buy. Just don't buy any warranty they offer, get AppleCare instead.