Best Buy Selling ATV Gen 2 for $79

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by applefan022, Nov 5, 2013.

1. applefan022 macrumors 6502

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Only if you have a best buy near you that has any in stock. They won't ship one to you and none of the best buys in my area have them in stock.

My guess is that Best buy just never removed the AppleTV2 from their website. There are probably none to be had.

3. applefan022 thread starter macrumors 6502

Your right didn't notice that..

/close thread

4. Jayrcee macrumors regular

Jayrcee

You can order one and pick it up in store in 7 to 10 days.

5. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

i just bought one and had it shipped to my college apartment. They only let you buy one at a time.

6. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Says "not available for shipping" when I look it up

7. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

8. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

I ordered one this morning and had it shipped. Now, however, it doesn't appear that they can be shipped, or picked up anywhere near me. Maybe I got lucky?

9. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

I just received the shipping notification from Best Buy. I'll let you know if/when I receive the ATV2.

10. mattsntx macrumors newbie

I ordered mine last week and I picked it up from Best Buy in Houston last Friday. It was an AppleTV 2 with firmware 3.4.4.

11. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

we're all getting different ones. I got 4.4.4, and I know someone who got 4.3

12. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

Excuse my questions, it's been a long time since I jailbroke one of these (4.4, I think).

Should the ATV2 I ordered arrive with an OS that has an untethered jailbreak, I can't jailbreak without having blobs, right? Or, can I jailbreak the existing os, but won't be able to upgrade to more recent os's without the blobs?

13. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

14. tritonv3pro macrumors member

Picked up four ATV 2 last night

I ordered 4 of these last friday (all separate orders) and picked them up last night at BBY in Fort Worth. The one I opened was on 4.4.4 and did the JB and XBMC install last night. I don't plan on opening the others as I will likely sell those. I've been checking over the last few days and the BBY site says no longer available online.

15. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

yes it should come with a jailbreakable OS. I don't think I've seen/read one with the latest non-JB OS version (since this got posted to Slickdeals too).

as far as your other questions go, I have no clue to be honest (I haven't JBroken an ATV before, my first time). You can jailbreak the existing OS (that is currently on the ATV2), but be sure to back up your blobs. I used seas0npass to backup the signatures.

It took me ~ 4 hours from research to completion (but I was new to JBing ATVs ... not as smooth as JBing the iPad).

I also bought aTV Flash ($30) from Fire Core.

16. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

I tried getting one last week too, but they all the sudden went out of stock.

Anyway I got a 3 and did the plex hack on it. I have plugins and similar to jail breaking as far as I know about it from a friend who has a jail broken 2.
    What is the benefit if you can hack the 3's anyway?
    Icefilms sucks on both apparently. Other free plugins are equally as sketchy to get working links.

17. nkawal macrumors regular

Pre-ordered 2 and picked them up yesterday. Time to jailbreak. Tried to order two more to sell back and they're all sold out.